THMPR 3D online ordering problems

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
So If anyone can help me with a few questions on ordering the THMPR 3D bust from an online printing company I would appreciate it.
I did the "quote" job on Sculteo .com and I am confused on a couple things.
1) after uploading the zip file it separated into 6 separate files, torso, head, flaps etc. It then asked me if each of these parts were to be printed SEPERATELY or as a WHOLE?? I have no idea so I pressed WHOLE for each file.
2) Also, Is the THMPR bust supposed to be glued together by me from separate pieces or does it come put together? If it does come in pieces, is there instructions on what goes where?
3) After all files were uploaded to Sculpteo and I got an estimate for each of the 6 pieces. All were around $6-$7 except for the torso which was by itself estimated at $122 to print???? THAT CANT BE RIGHT!

Can anyone help me order through a company they have had dealings with. The process and questions asked are VERY confusing to a layman like myself.
THANKS.
(Also, If any Reaper out there has a printer and wants to make a few bucks on the side, Id pay you for your time and materials.)

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
So If anyone can help me with a few questions on ordering the THMPR 3D bust from an online printing company I would appreciate it.
1) after uploading the zip file it separated into 6 separate files, torso, head, flaps etc. It then asked me if each of these parts were to be printed SEPERATELY or as a WHOLE?? I have no idea so I pressed WHOLE for each file.
2) Also, Is the THMPR bust supposed to be glued together by me from separate pieces or does it come put together? If it does come in pieces, is there instructions on what goes where?
3) After all files were uploaded to Sculpteo and I got an estimate for each of the 6 pieces. All were around $6-$7 except for the torso which was by itself estimated at $122 to print???? THAT CANT BE RIGHT!

Can anyone help me order through a company they have had dealings with. The process and questions asked are VERY confusing to a layman like myself.
THANKS.
Thats a good question have no freaking clue hope the G man can give us some answers!

Jul 28, 2016
South West Colorado

THANKS.
(Also, If any Reaper out there has a printer and wants to make a few bucks on the side, Id pay you for your time and materials.)
the problem is the amount of plastic and the amount of time it takes to print the torso. best quality print with all of the supports required to print it. it takes 65g of filament and 24 hrs. So, not surprised about the cost. It also needs to be fixed before they can setup a G-code or you could fix the print first and maybe that drops the cost a little. I am a novice printer but i am not going to send out crap, nor do I want to waste a bunch of plastic trying to perfect this monster. So, if anyone has a good setup or solid tried and tested G-code and would like to share.