This website has to be perfect

halp

Jul 28, 2016
Just like the game (aye, I believe so).
I'm a little afraid to state this because of uncertainty I have a right to, but:
1. "Home" button up there (as well as Em-8er logo button to the left from it) should take a person clicking it to the main webpage (https://em8er.com/) instead of forums webpage (https://forums.em8er.com)
2. Firefall founders still see no confirmation of successful linking!
3. Please move the topic to the fitting forum if there is one cuz there might be more "flaws" found.
4. Like FireFall's forums namechange! :)

halp

Jul 28, 2016
5. There appears to be no browser tab icon (at least in chrome):

123.png

As well as no bookmark icon:

1234.png

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
I agree there is still a lot to iron out. All of these things are already on the radar, but thanks for bringing it up.

As for founder program confirmation you can try to pass it again at Firefall Founder's Credit Program page with your Firefall UserId and it will tell you if your reward is already claimed and at what tier. Target Em-8ER account is one you have put into your status, there are several safeguards that make sure you linked to a valid account.

But since it's a popular request, I'm currently planning another way that will let you verify claimed reward sum directly. No ETA but Soon™.

halp

Jul 28, 2016
Aye aye, Xeevis, I've done that and it says claimed so me be happy.

Update:
6. There's no (at least clearly visual) log-in button - only "SIGN UP NOW" one which can be quite misleading.
123.png
Yeah, it's a tiny issue but this website has to be perfect as we all know.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I try to scroll up or down on the main website (not this forums), the scrolling is super sensitive and I either immediately go to the bottom of the page or to the top, so it's really hard to scroll to the part I want to see (on safari, macbook). Don't have that issue with other websites. Also don't have that issue on my Windows PC.

Also, will this account be my Em-8er game account? Or is there an account section at the "Em-8er.com" website that I missed? I can't find that at least. And if so, could you make a "Login Button" on the main site? I at least assume that "Em-8er.com" is the main website and not this.

Jan 10, 2017
Worcester MA
www.youtube.com
I don't know if it's just me, but when I try to scroll up or down on the main website (not this forums), the scrolling is super sensitive and I either immediately go to the bottom of the page or to the top, so it's really hard to scroll to the part I want to see (on safari, macbook). Don't have that issue with other websites. Also don't have that issue on my Windows PC.

Also, will this account be my Em-8er game account? Or is there an account section at the "Em-8er.com" website that I missed? I can't find that at least. And if so, could you make a "Login Button" on the main site? I at least assume that "Em-8er.com" is the main website and not this.
I checked in Chrome on 2 of my PCs, and I can't scroll at all on the main website - I have to manually use the scroll bar on the right....I checked in Firefox and Opera too. Firefox seems to work fine, while Opera also does not scroll at all. I'm using a Logitech g400s, with the newest logitech gaming software (8.88.30).

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Hey Reapers! Here is a message on another thread from Grummz in response to the main web site not working properly . . .

That main website is being replaced with something much simpler. We won't be using the blog format at 1st, just a static page describing the game and a link to your Em8ERID accounts and perk management.

The big updates will be mainly the forums, discord and the Em-8ER update videos. The website itself will contain links to our Youtube Channel, forms and discord to encourage people to get their updates that way.

Not sure we will do a blog again, but eventually we might add a simple update section. But the videos are where most of the time goes to communicate changes to the game and updates on info.

Jan 29, 2017
I think over all the site looks great. I don't ever have any issues. As for favicon icons I don't care enough to even notice it anyways. i think it looks great. Xenforo is a great choice and I'm sure you guys will make the most of it!