Theorycrafting the 'omniframe'.

Jul 27, 2016
Oklahoma, US
So, bear in mind, I know exactly zilch on what I'm talking about, this is just some speculation and contemplation based on my years of gaming experience, and what the actual word sounds like.

Omniframe. It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? It also hints at something that can do everything, or have the capability to do whatever the user/operator wants, and honestly? Makes me seriously feel like there's a chance, however small, that we could see some Planetside 1-esque levels of customization, in where everything is based solely around what you choose to certify in.

I really hope so, as a game that's truly based on player choice in playstyle, as opposed to distinct classes, would be absolutely phenomenal.

Jul 27, 2016
I definitely think of a battleframe, but mix-and-match however I want regardless of if the mix is logical or mind-numbingly bad. I like the idea, especially with a good constraint system. If a frame is meant to be light and fast, it could carry a minigun if the player really wanted, but they'd have to expect to be dragging it along the ground behind them into battle. It's still their choice though.

On the smarter side of building a frame, as long as there are fun ways to diversify so it isn't just everyone building the same singular uber-dominator frame, then I'm happy. A horizontal system should make it easier to avoid buuuuuut hard to say until I see it in action.

Jul 27, 2016
Tennessee
Someone was mentioning decay alternatives in another thread. I feel like their idea about having the weapons or gear having modules that you fill up and replace (as opposed to crafting/repairing constantly to replace entire items) would work well with your theory!

Imagine being able to custom-build a frame to be either specialized or utilitarian by adding mods and add-ons that can be swapped out. If you have a crew everyone could specialize and be a full working unit, or if you're a loner you could have a little of everything to make it to the next outpost if you run fast enough.

I'm a huge fan of crafting your own play experience.