The line between Red5's IP and Crixa's.

Do you think that using similar if not the same names from Firefall is a good idea or is it not?

• Yes, Mark has every right to use similar names.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No, I think it's a bad idea and we should start brainstorming some legitimately good ideas.

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • I don't think it matters either way.

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

MollilMayhem

Jul 27, 2016
GA, USA
Huh? The9 has always owned FF I thought? At least by the alpha they did... unless Im mistaken.
I believe you are correct....they invested in it way back while Mark Kern was still there. Not sure who might have been funding the actual beginning though.....I'm sure there are lots of other folks who know more about it.

Shuriko

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Norrkoping Sweden
With all the copyright claims goin around atm with all games lately Id say its a bad idea to use the word "Battleframe" for example. If they on the other hand said "CombatSuits"? I dont think it should cause people to Run towards the Copyright train..

Jul 27, 2016
US
#FadedPezForCM2k16 My new movement :p
One of the absolute best things Firefall had going for it wasn't even the game itself; it was the forums and the community management team. Pez was a key part of that all the way up to the end, and a new game going forward should absolutely without a doubt follow a similar structure to how the forums and support system are managed. I always felt like I could reach a R5 team member if I needed help or had a really great idea or major bug report, and I loved it to no end.

Jul 26, 2016
Yeah, those Rangers were awesome. They were really polite and prompt.
I like that the community team kept trying to keep people's in the game with all the odd events they created. Mika, skadude and Pez were all pretty cool.

OziriusSVK

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Slovakia
With all the copyright claims goin around atm with all games lately Id say its a bad idea to use the word "Battleframe" for example. If they on the other hand said "CombatSuits"? I dont think it should cause people to Run towards the Copyright train..
We are proud owners of our (imaginary for now) "Omniframe" :D