The idea of EM8ER

Jul 26, 2016
Australia
With the evolution of languages, the idea of fonts that aren't the standard 26 character font also then change and diverge. Special characters are born, new typefaces and words, some familiar and some unique. Below is something that evolved from seeing EM8ER; do you think it would be cool to have text that requires translation or overly complicated? Afterall we use FF words and they have their own meaning:

EM-8ER
TIBER
6USTO
PREI5T
PICK4R
B33T3R
MIDD2E
THEN1

"Densechalk loldevcolomarkdensechalk grantrib dotderfcolomark dotderf mutfleu colomark quantcrive colomarkkraeik dotderf." being "We travel the stars to find a new path world."

Jul 26, 2016
well Mark did say they got a linguist or something on their team that is creating an alien language that will be used in the game.
I hope that means we actually get an alien alphabet and not just English(or other real Earth language) letters scrambled up.

It would be cool too because the language being deciphered so Humanity can figure out what the aliens are saying could also be a plot point.

well Mark did say they got a linguist or something on their team that is creating an alien language that will be used in the game.
I hope that means we actually get an alien alphabet and not just English(or other real Earth language) letters scrambled up.

It would be cool too because the language being deciphered so Humanity can figure out what the aliens are saying could also be a plot point.
Maybe we can ambush enemy patrols or outposts that are gearing up for an incursion and steal data from them, which would then need to be deciphered to give us the location of their forces, route, size of their forces, giving us a tactical-advantage to better defend and push back. If the opportunity for such intelligence gathering passes without getting it, then we're in for a world of hurt and the takeover event will not only be more difficult to deal with, but it would easily fail, making us lose territories.

Jul 26, 2016
Maybe we can ambush enemy patrols or outposts that are gearing up for an incursion and steal data from them, which would then need to be deciphered to give us the location of their forces, route, size of their forces, giving us a tactical-advantage to better defend and push back. If the opportunity for such intelligence gathering passes without getting it, then we're in for a world of hurt and the takeover event will not only be more difficult to deal with, but it would easily fail, making us lose territories.
That would be cool too. Makes it a bit more dynamic, I believe.
Opening up new missions/content after deciphering the language found in other missions or found in the world.

Jul 26, 2016
Australia
I used a parsing algorithm to make my words. Nice to know that it's being done.