• Occasionally

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I laid this out on Discord, but I'm reposting here to gauge support

Grummz pointed out that Em-8ER just needs to stream one more day a week to be eligible for Partner. I suggested a chill Sunday stream. No Discord, no complex audio software, no other devs, no new demos, no official talk of progress, just Grummz turning on the camera and doing/talking about stuff, perhaps his time in Game Development, his opinions on game dev issues or perhaps other issues, maybe even have a special guest every now and then if things go well. The main advantage to this is not necessarily being eligible for Partner, but expanding our audience. The people that watch on Sunday aren't always those that will watch during the rest of the week and vice versa. Also, showing a different side of Em-8ER will likely prove advantageous in the long run.

Please note there is no poll option for won't watch at all because we want to know how many people will actually watch, and if you won't watch at all, we have no need for that data. If you are opposed to this please feel free to comment below.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Did he happen to say if there were any other conditions besides a third stream per week (I.E. stream length of time, stream within certain hours, stream content, etc.)?

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I'd watch every now and again if I was home on the computer, just to have some background noise, maybe get to know the community members a bit more. But the issue for me would be time zones. The current CCs run at 11am PDT, which is 4am the following day for me, always on workdays. If it occurred the same time on Sunday, it'd be 4am on a Monday, which is impossible for me most weeks.

Throwing the 2c in, maybe not an entirely new stream day, but maybe the third Thursday of the month can be moved to the weekend as Navel Appreciation Stream day or something, and that could be the chill day? Not to take more time out of Grummz schedule or away from family.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
the issue for me would be time zones
I think that's the big one here

What if there are 3 streams

Pacific Chill Stream
EU Chill Stream
US Chill Stream

Each of these stream works well for their specific time zone range, but if you miss one you could always hop to another stream at a later time.

The question now is finding 3 people who have some time from the 3 zones to do the streaming at the time on a Sunday or whatever day is chosen?

Another thing that could be handy is having server zone specific chat, have noticed that when chatting you do not know where everyone is or perhaps in a different server. One way to make it easier to locate others could be a server zone chat so that those in the Pacific can all chat in that server zone chat and same goes for the others. Then you have your usual world chat that includes all server zones if you want to talk to them all.

Also if there is a way to change the server zone ingame without exiting the game that would be also very nice.

Once a week for chill stream could be good, then it all depends on what is going on in their life too. Could even be every fortnight (2nd week) that may be an option too.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
What if there are 3 streams

Pacific Chill Stream
EU Chill Stream
US Chill Stream
Pretty sure Grummz isn't gong to stream 3 times in one day.

Hmmm...sounds like it might be better to not make partner...
Again, the point in't necessarily to make partner, it's just to grow our audience. If we do it we don't utomatically become partner, we just become eligible.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Pretty sure Grummz isn't gong to stream 3 times in one day.
Ah what i meant was for grummz to have 2 other people who could do it on his behalf but in the different time zone.

If Grummz did the US as an example
Then just finding another 2 who could do that for the other 2 EU and Pacific

Again, the point in't necessarily to make partner, it's just to grow our audience. If we do it we don't utomatically become partner, we just become eligible.
That is good, i'd really like to see more folks turn up and see it for themselves, blabber and experience the changes happening!

I'd be willing to try streaming someday although have no clue on that let alone setting up stuff correctly :oops:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Ah goody could use the help i will give it a go, even if my screen goes blank and you hear odd noises!

Then i imagined having a 2d avatar representing us sort of like how you see the avatar of your team mates in starfox or just like when you see Aero in firefall in the little box... if that makes sense just so you can see the pilot representing the mek.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Heard in one of Grummz streams something about vtubing, and as funny as it seems i think could be great.

My art is not the finest though and was wondering if anyone can do a pandagnome in 2d like my forum profile image that Death kindly made. So one day maybe in a few years, maybe less... shrugs could be doing some vtubing.

I have a mic with a mic poop filter its like a stocking but encased in an outer plastic circle kind of like a stargate on a flexible beam.

Then can imagine a small image as if they see the mek pilot during the adventure!
1622382581862.png

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Wouldn't mind getting involved. I've had Streamlabs OBS set up for a while for Dungeon Siege and some Ratchet and Clank on the PS2. In AEST (UTC +10) timezone though.
Heard in one of Grummz streams something about vtubing, and as funny as it seems i think could be great.
Someone for creating an avatar him. That'll be one hell of a CC.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Whats better the obs or the streamlab obs i keep reading that obs is better performance and updates earlier?

Have you tied both of them and if so what do you think?

Someone for creating an avatar him. That'll be one hell of a CC.
I think your right i'll just have that thought for the future unless ingame they will have a way to show the pilot on a little box sort of like when you see in the game doom and you can see how damaged you are like this
and instead it could move the mouth while you type ingame or when you talk on the mic

1622466708532.jpeg