Suggestion for Demopacks

Oct 1, 2018
Germany
em-8er.de
Greetings Em8er Community,
i got a question and suggestion at once. The cause is, i got asked multiple times about the fact that it isn't possible to play atleast the older demos without buying one of the packs. That's because they are hesitant to buy something they don't know. My suggestion about this is, why you don't offer a Demoaccess package for eg 4,95$. A subscribtion based system for 2,95$, which enables the access to the latest demo could be a solution, too. Subscribtion should be extendable at least until start of kickstarter. The pricing i suggest is as low, cause of the recent situation many people lost their workplace or limited to short time. I would like to know your opinions about my suggestion and with regards

Your RzwoDzwo
Headmember of the German Ember Community

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
I believe the subscription ($7.99/month) allows the individual to check out the previous demo (possibly 2 depending on when the current demo gets updated) for one month to include the skin of the month (also possibly 2 depending on the dates). That's a pretty good deal. And sometimes there's the one month $1 sub, if they happen to do that again.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What if you did something like this

* Instant demo time limited access:
For new players or those reluctant, the demo is of a build but it is limited in the time so once the time runs out lets say it is 10 mins wont be able to access.

Now you have an idea of the demo and you want to decide to be updated with the latest demo's as they come or one previous either way this helps with the testing of the game too.

When i spoke to a friend he was also reluctant to pay usually demos are free and i told him yes although you get access to the development of the game while supporting them.

His stance remains unless a demo even abit older was free because right now paying is only way to access but a temporary free access for a 1 time previous one might be something to consider?