Subscription attempted resulting in card declined error

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Howdy,

I have tried a couple times to do the subscription, and it always is instantly giving a card declined error.

I did the set up with Stripe (which I did NOT want to do at all as it is giving yet another company all my info). I get the confirmation text message for the transaction, but it always fails.

I looked up Stripe, and it seems a lot of folks all over have problems with that payment system (seeing the same declined errors when they try to do a Stripe transaction).

Is there another way we can subscribe, or pay in advance or something for a longer term.

It would be nice to shell out more bucks... but it ain't workin' dang it!

Is that why subscriptions are low in number? I see online posts about more than 50% of Stripe transactions being declined generally. Not a good commerce provider!!!!!

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
If indeed it were a case of cards being declined when paying for the subs, there would definitely have been others notifying about the issue. You seem to be the first to bring up this issue. Besides we also have folks using cards to buy/upgrade backer packs.

This might be something you would have to take up with your card provider.

As it stands there are no other methods to subscribe except via Stripe. There were a lot of ideas thrown about, regarding subscriptions, during the Chief Chat yesterday. Grummz has said he would look into a bulk payment option (like a one time payment for a 12 month subscription).

Either way, your best bet would be to wait things out.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
This might be something you would have to take up with your card provider.
Had something like this when purchasing an item in an E-shop and after contacting my card provider they said it was something to do with their security screening because of the amount with drawn and shopping habit was different.

Anyways after it was cleared up the purchase went through and problem was no more!

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Last edited:

Gidorick

Deepstriker
Jun 28, 2019
I am having a similar issue. I received a receipt for the subscription but on the account page status says “failed”.

677F5AE5-21D7-4C2D-BEA0-64477A535FAB.jpeg

I bought a prepaid card with months worth of cash for the subscription because I’ve never used stripe and was also skeptical of yet another company having my info.

Through research I discovered that Stripe allows prepaid cards but vendors can choose to disallow them. Have you guys disallowed them?

Edit: I bought a founder’s pack with that same card with no issues.

Last edited:

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I got it work just now using an AMEX card. My Visa from CapOne never worked, and I did not call them because I figure that a recurring transaction would likely fail the next time even if I called about the first one.

So, at least for me, AMEX works when my Visa does not.

Nov 6, 2019
I don't know about everyone else but I know my bank notified me that "recurring online payments" are something they were cutting unless I paid extra for their own special program. PayPal seems to be an end run around as they log it through my checking as a individual payment each month. So I too am waiting news on the PayPal option for subbing.