State of the Lore

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
I’m unfamiliar with the “magic metal” being mined. Where are you drawing that description from?
It's the Crystite equivalent for the game; a substance that can be transformed into other materials.

If the Gatestriders can develop the science, who knows what could be done. Doubly so if the rifts can be learned from, reproduced, or controlled.

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
It's the Crystite equivalent for the game; a substance that can be transformed into other materials.

If the Gatestriders can develop the science, who knows what could be done. Doubly so if the rifts can be learned from, reproduced, or controlled.
I have not seen much written about Crystite in the lore I’ve read through so I’ll take your word on that one. I’m hopeful that “magic” would be mostly limited to adding some alteration to existing attacks and whatnot. The gates seem to be a version of the same tech as the rifts, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see that develop more in the game.

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
F.A.I. Was generous enough to link a few of the lore drops that are not contained within the novel and Gatestriders PDF:
… She was a Feli. A full-blooded member of the most highly sought-after pilots in the universe. Her people came from the far-flung Artorias system. A rocky, unforgiving star system that hosted one tiny planetoid capable of supporting life. Barely one third of old Earth’s gravity, and with almost no natural resources to speak of, the Feli had learned to adapt to a life living in space.

That’s what made them the best pilots in the universe and so highly sought after. …

This excerpt describes the system the Feli come from and why they are top rated pilots, the broader story includes characters from the novel and focuses on the character Simms. It takes place before the novel and I highly recommend it.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I wonder if there will be other race types revealed from different encounters and those introduced to the team such as

- Cynoceph's (Dog features) Have keen sense of smell and some make great detectives!
investigate.jpg
etc etc

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
I wonder if there will be other race types revealed from different encounters and those introduced to the team such as

- Cynoceph's (Dog features) Have keen sense of smell and some make great detectives!
View attachment 5518
etc etc
I am unsure which would make it into Em8er at launch, but I hope the tabletop introduces at least 5 of them. A humanoid elf and dwarf colony were basically teased. To be clear, I believe all are basically human so I do not expect to see full-on dog or cat faces.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I am unsure which would make it into Em8er at launch, but I hope the tabletop introduces at least 5 of them. A humanoid elf and dwarf colony were basically teased. To be clear, I believe all are basically human so I do not expect to see full-on dog or cat faces.
If not for the full creature feature, perhaps the option for masks, helmets and other wearable tech to create the look close to the desired customization?

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
If not for the full creature feature, perhaps the option for masks, helmets and other wearable tech to create the look close to the desired customization?
I would expect that on the TTRPG, human variations would each have their own separate benefits, drawbacks, and expected features. My hope for Em-8er is that we have the option to make several characters on our account and eventually see all 27 variations as playable in game.

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
For anyone wondering, I have not forgotten this thread by any means! Some questions I have had regarding lore seem to be inconvenient to answer at the moment but I still intend to continue chronicling lore in anticipation of the game launching.

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
Just going to give this thread a bump! Grummz has been talking about words being written for the novel. I’m not certain how many weeks or months it will be for those to make it into our inboxes but I’m excited to see new life being breathed into the Crixa universe.