Star Citizen

Jul 26, 2016
Not the first thread/post in have on here about Squadron 44 but damn this is another good article. I wish I could get my $900+ refunded.
Yeah. That was a great article. It had so many ups and downs. I was crying one minute and laughing hysterically, the next. Superb article.

Kaedan

SHIFTER
Ark Liege
Oct 21, 2019
I used to be a pretty staunch defender of CIG taking their time to get it right... but that was when I expected it to release around 2020. Now that we're here and we still only have less than a single full star system... kinda wishing I could sell my account, as refunds just aren't going to happen. Though I don't think anyone would be willing to buy it anymore.

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
I expected it to release around 2020
Certainly Star Citizen is a ways away but on the other hand Squadron 42 could be much farther along than it seems.

Citizen Con is rumored to be in LA this year; Star Citizen's first event was in LA and their main office is in LA. It could mean they've got a release date to announce for 42.

I too am disappointed in the long wait though I'm thrilled with no loading screens going planet side and such. I try not to think of the dev time spent on spelunking...it's a frk'n space sim why did this get built already! And though I haven't had the luxury of playing the recent builds as my computer can't handle it (8gb RAM), I have played on a friend's computer and I preferred the flight model around the time PU launched...

Kaedan

SHIFTER
Ark Liege
Oct 21, 2019
Certainly Star Citizen is a ways away but on the other hand Squadron 42 could be much farther along than it seems.

Citizen Con is rumored to be in LA this year; Star Citizen's first event was in LA and their main office is in LA. It could mean they've got a release date to announce for 42.

I too am disappointed in the long wait though I'm thrilled with no loading screens going planet side and such. I try not to think of the dev time spent on spelunking...it's a frk'n space sim why did this get built already! And though I haven't had the luxury of playing the recent builds as my computer can't handle it, I have played on a friend's computer and I preferred the flight model around the time PU launched...
They're keeping a lid on SQ42, but there's no telling if that's because they actually have a game, or if they're so far behind they're too embarrassed to show us how far they are...

It's disappointing really that I'm losing hope. Like I said, was a huge supporter/defender for years, always saying that it often takes 5-7 years to complete a quality title... well, now they're at that 7 year mark with not much to show for it (I count development really starting in late 2013/early 2014).

IF they can get SQ42 out this year, then they'll have earned themselves a bit of reprieve. But I can now see why most publishers HATED working with Chris Roberts lol

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I would be happy keeping my account if Squadron 42 came out this year. The rumored setting that would allow you to bring in a friend to help with missions is still an awesome way to toss in co-op. I too was a massive defender/hopeful up to year five, but then the reality hit due to lack of progress hit hard. They have had $300 mil + pledging/investing with staffing exceeding 500 around the globe? Zero excuses.

Give Grummz $200 mil and 110 crew size for Em-8ER and see what happens.

*edit*

This is what I had gotten on SC in the first two years.

Imperator Prime 1 year sub: $240

P-52 Merlin: $25

Freelancer (they keep switching which variant): $110

The Orion: $575

Also a pack of credits and a t-shirt for another $25 if I remember correctly. My account isnt showing the history there. Havent worn the shirt once.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2017
Just look up, can't miss him
I know this is a necro to a point, but Em-8ER and SC are the two games I'm crowdfunding so this interested me.

My first rule of crowdfunding is to not concern much with timeframes. In the end unless the delay ends up killing the project, it's probably for the best.

SC, well, I will probably be waiting years to fly my javelin. But I have confidence it'll be delivered. The funding is still coming in strong.

Same with Em-8ER. It's gonna be a bit yet before we get into KS. But it's infinitely better that the demo be as good as it possibly can be before that happens. I'm firmly in the "take as long as you need" camp.

Edit: I did have a game I put a thousand bucks in pretty much die on me due to some pretty amazing mismanagement and possible fraud. Best I not say which one though, it's not important. I'll probably update this post when it becomes official.

These things do happen, so I'm not trying to say it's impossible. I definitely consider Em-8ER to be moving in the right direction though. Having a playable product goes a long way to boosting my confidence.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu