Special Interactions and Mini games. [Game Suggestion]

Jun 22, 2017
This is inspiration from the game Nier:Automata

In the game Nier:Automata's 2nd story, you play as the character 9S with the ability to hack certain objects and characters in the game. To execute the interaction it throws you into a small minigame, not so much a puzzle game, but more a skill based minigame.
It'd be cool if we used this concept on some of the "console interactions" in Em-8er.
Repairing the THMPR could replace the "Hold E to repair" with a minigame interaction that requires skill.
Hacking a console to gather enemy intelligence would require a skillbased minigame to complete the interaction, so on and so forth.

Please post your thoughts on this idea.

Spoiler free explanation:
Instead of having the oldschool "Hold E to Repair" or "Hold E to Hack",
replace this with a skillbased minigame, that's fun and intuitive.

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
This kinda brings up the question of what things would there be to interact with. The game is hyper focused on thumping, base building, and invasions.
Personally I like warframe. It can be is a simple puzzle with rewards quick thinking.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
In the game dead before daylight i like the generator fixing/tampering with opponent death devices and stuff with the E button and that if you messed up it would indicate a noise/visual cue that could alert the killer but perhaps in this case the Alien npc would be in that alert mode like how metal gear solid had with the enemy soldiers and i especially liked peeking out of the orange box.

I was going to add that a mini mech racing would be fun but i probably have mentioned this too much already so i just thought i add it anyway again because it makes me happy thinking about that :p

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
what about mech sumo the lighter frames would be super fast and look good
while the med and heavier mechs would be fun too but slower

If not in mech then what about sumo in odd outfits gsuit with fashionable Mawashi etc hmm

I remember a game called pixel sumo where the ring would reduce in size if the opponents were still in a tie
after a certain time. The longer the game goes the smaller the circle gets until whom ever goes out first is the loser!

Aug 14, 2016
what about mech sumo the lighter frames would be super fast and look good
while the med and heavier mechs would be fun too but slower

If not in mech then what about sumo in odd outfits gsuit with fashionable Mawashi etc hmm

I remember a game called pixel sumo where the ring would reduce in size if the opponents were still in a tie
after a certain time. The longer the game goes the smaller the circle gets until whom ever goes out first is the loser!

Thank you for reminding me of this.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
How about mini games about getting sloshed?
Step 1: get drunk
Step 2: go to the nearest Tsi-hu POW camp
Step 3: remove your clothes
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!
I'd like an option for prune juice that too much of this can cause some increased bowel movements with strange noises making you slower

when removing clothes the kaiju would set off some fireworks and censor bars could appear on the character with the achievement Nudist! appearing on the screen hmm

Aug 14, 2016
What about a mini-game that is like whack-a-mole? There is a type of monster that likes to dig in the ground. Every so often they will pop their heads out from under the ground and you can hit them. It starts off slow with just 1 or 2 of them in the play area, but as time goes on they call for more and more back up. Until the whole play area is just full of them and you are bash their heads in left and right like crazy.

Or a mini-game that is like Space Invaders where we have to protect the outpost or base from things falling from the sky. Be it meteors or long range enemy weapons.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I remember the game knightmare, what if in your team example 4
1 of them would be selected as the blinded pilot and the other 3 have to help
the other pilot to get across some obstacles/map/mini quest this could be done using discord chat
or typed in the chat. The blinded pilot wont be able to see much just the chat.

The others will have more to see and do their best to direct them
some of the obstacle might have a timer and others wont etc

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
DOES MANUALLY CONTROLLING A MANUAL GUIDED MISSILE TO IT TARGET CONSIDERED A MINIGAME?

How many missiles are we talking about here? Best mini-game in Unreal Tournament was doing that trick shot with multiple missile lock on as they spiral towards their target from a odd angle while your launching a second volley from another.