Special Event Suggestion!

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
While playing some MMO, we learn its lore by quest lines, walls of text, cinematic trailers…, where they talk about big events (like wars, invasions…) that happened before the game timeline. Then I realized that the game was boring and how it could be cool if players could play those events if they were in the game, or even if it was in the beginning of the game.

Thinking about EM8ER and its lore, I suggest the following:
What if backers could play as the final event before the game release (like in closed beta), the first arrive of the GATESTRIDERS (reapers) to EM8ER and their first contact with TSI-HU?
So, the wall of names of those who backed the game will not only mean the first backers, but in a RP perspective they were the first reapers making a stand and fighting the first war, with their name standing forever in the Wall of Heroes!

What do you think?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
This would be neat to play an interactive trailer we are part of. My only concern is that it shouldn't reveal too much things so what if just like, flashes of events/memories we suddenly appear in.

It wouldn't make too much sense as an example

A) The memory of the very first ever reaper with A.I interpretation filling the gaps through highly specialized algorithm.

B) Time loop of the Tsihu is sporadic causing ourselves to jump from place to place and times

C) Your injected with a strange substance to keep you alive the effects cause strange hallucinations with your real memories.

D) The near death experience takes you far beyond the tunnel of light your able to see many things
some things recognizable others are covered in a misty fog and the shadows of individuals moving across.

So the possibilities of various altered trailers could make us wonder which of this is real perhaps it is all & perhaps these are different perspectives of different reapers at that moment.

Then again are you really who you think you are, just a shell an Artificially engineered construction of the DNA taken of the very first Reapers?

With A) this could be a Reaper who is brain dead and so the A.I aids them
With B) Intervention of causing the time loop to get worse by messing with alien tech perhaps
With C) A medic has injected you to keep you alive in the background you hear a lot of weapons and chaos
With D) It is almost dream like, you don't even see death you just see things perhaps in monotone and moving seems much more fluid than normal.

The names of the walls appear and they would dimly light up the first Reapers the 1st encounter.
There may be a museum to see eventually later in the game this is added in a codex and after unraveling and finding things.

We get access to the museum to learn of the history and add to the history as we add our place in the museum. There wouldn't be anything at all at first, because these reveal as we learn and add more to it.

There may be ancient Gates in the museum to take us to special locations of the wall of the 1st Reapers and other monuments of unique events etc

Every Name of the very first could have a special insignia that shows this it would be in their collection of Badges these Badges are not just for bragging they are part of how Some are seen with Ranks and experience.

The badges are nice because you could get special one's that make you stand out i'd imagine Reapers who are mentors have the Prolific Apple Badge but with an apple that is like a light bulb and apple eating crunch for every good answer!

Aug 14, 2016
I'm just going to say one thing about using time travel as part of the events.
*Deep breath* BlazBlue story plot line. No really look it up, that thing is just one big paradox. lol

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'm just going to say one thing about using time travel as part of the events.
*Deep breath* BlazBlue story plot line. No really look it up, that thing is just one big paradox. lol
Ahh this is most interesting :eek:

A story that will rival the big paradox films and animations there will be tears of saddness and joy there will be chaos there will be peace and war there will be everything and nothing.

Rubs my hands together so when we going on the bikes then??

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
Sorry, but the goal of that special event wasn’t to create time travels or alternative universes, only to make players part of the story and the lore of the game.

Some examples of what I meant:
-In some games, players have an NPC in their party in some dungeons, and even if it doesn’t do anything, at the end of the fight against the boss that the player defeated, a cutscene shows the NPC killing the boss because the NPC was the hero of the story and players were a mere sidekick that was there to help.
-In the first Defiance game (with the show), some important NPC were controlled by special players sometimes, during certain events with the crossover with the show, and some players that were good enough and had luck could be part of the story and sometimes make an appearance in the show.

Concluding, I’m just saying that I don’t want to change the story and lore of Em8er with this special event, just giving the chance to players (in this case backers), to be part of the story and lore of Em8er and be immortalized in it forever (or as long as the game lives), as a thanks from the DEVS for the money they spend to help create the game, so the wall with the names of backers doesn’t only mean that they backed the game (but it does) but also mean that they were war heroes in the first stand of Em8er in closed beta, before the game release.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Sorry, but the goal of that special event wasn’t to create time travels or alternative universes, only to make players part of the story and the lore of the game.

Some examples of what I meant:
-In some games, players have an NPC in their party in some dungeons, and even if it doesn’t do anything, at the end of the fight against the boss that the player defeated, a cutscene shows the NPC killing the boss because the NPC was the hero of the story and players were a mere sidekick that was there to help.
-In the first Defiance game (with the show), some important NPC were controlled by special players sometimes, during certain events with the crossover with the show, and some players that were good enough and had luck could be part of the story and sometimes make an appearance in the show.

Concluding, I’m just saying that I don’t want to change the story and lore of Em8er with this special event, just giving the chance to players (in this case backers), to be part of the story and lore of Em8er and be immortalized in it forever (or as long as the game lives), as a thanks from the DEVS for the money they spend to help create the game, so the wall with the names of backers doesn’t only mean that they backed the game (but it does) but also mean that they were war heroes in the first stand of Em8er in closed beta, before the game release.
well, top tier backers get to make a custom npc that will be part of the game. Most people will probably self-insert, but I'd rather immortalize an old friend.

Aug 14, 2016
well, top tier backers get to make a custom npc that will be part of the game. Most people will probably self-insert, but I'd rather immortalize an old friend.
But even games like WOW has things like memorial sites honoring real people who died. If I remember right there is like a giant angel-like being watching over the grave of one the dev team in the game's spirit world.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
If we're talking about a special event taking place prior to launch for backers, the backer demo for the KS seems to be more based around the THMPR encounter. Not much room unless it was more than that. Consider:
- Start spawned in an base bunker with limited social options, skin changing, etc. A brief taste of what home could be (or even just include the Home demo as a separate area).
- Want to jump into the fight? Jump into a premade L M or H frame, change a few items like skins, basic layout and armour (to show off the frames, abilities and weapons available)
- Warp down to EM8ER and either go thumping or join other players in a part of the map that is currently under attack by swarms of Tsi-hu and fauna, and once a certain number of resources are met, some Kaiju pour in too. If you win, a brief reprieve. Lose, and that part of the map is lost briefly until more resources are collected.

You could award backers based on kills, resources, successful defences, heals/revives (if an option). Weave this event into lore somehow and keep a list of these players at the first base available to the players on EM-8ER, as well as those who simply participated. This way the demo is a bit more dynamic. That being said, dev team was aiming at this year for the KS, so too late for changes unless they postpone.

Post-KS, I'm sure most backers would agree that the focus should be on the game. So unless the special event is something that will happen in-game (say, base defence or trucking) and not just a once off, probably pass.

Post launch however, I would refer to Grummz himself below:
Regarding players being part of the lore/story, it has been brought up before.
Chief Chat Notes posted 25/05/2021 on Discord --
Question: Will there be “legendary/hero” players where they have the ability to use unique abilities?
Grummz: So a “legendary player” that have unique ability. So you reach some certain stature in the game, you could have some sort of ability? That's an interesting idea, but we cant customize one for thousands of players. Maybe you could pick from a limited range of elite tier abilities? That's an interesting idea though. So if certain player rise to the forefront and have a very significant contribution to the world? Yeah I think we would weave that into the next arc. Would we give them something unique? I don’t know that's an interesting idea but there's still going to be multiple servers, so every server could have its own leader board. But they could be mentioned right, there could be lore. But creating unique a shader set? I’m not sure.

But even games like WOW has things like memorial sites honoring real people who died. If I remember right there is like a giant angel-like being watching over the grave of one the dev team in the game's spirit world.
Koiter and "twincruiser" if anyone wanted to look that up.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'd like to see events like these even though this is to do more with social scene.

- Something like the burning man event in Em8er social scene !
1634212632774.jpeg
A party is always fun

- A down hill event to chase the mysterious ghostly Chroma bean, legend says if you catch up to it you will have the speed of 10 Chroma beans put together.
1634212725470.jpeg
No one has even caught up to this bean yet!!!

- Racing events controlling small specialized vehicles specific to pets
1634212861768.jpeg
Adds a cute factor but then you can customize the pets even more with fun vehicles/outfits for them such as a rubber ducky mek, and a energy sphere like super monkey ball, Em8erdon Costume etc etc

DHYohko

Ark Liege
Nov 6, 2018
That sounds interesting, it may take up a lot of resources or it may not. a simple version would be allowing pre KS backers a chance to create there character and submit it to a list that is then used to create in-game cutscenes like a fly through of home or of towns.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
If we are talking social events what about things like this?

I'd prefer that the avatar was actually there and playing instrument / singing in the game than a pre-recorded because thats not really live to me, if it was suppose to be a live event that is.

They do this in secondlife with life musicians and artists its really fun because you can even communicate with them after or during a break and its as close as actually being there as can be.

As a way to introduce the story with dynamic bross boss music that would make it much more fun and not just with other players and make it a great intro to tell a story as we go through it.

Just like when in Neverending story the main character reads a magic book and you can see the characters in the story that he is reading about in this case we are living the story and part of it as we experience the sounds the strange environment and so on.

Perhaps we hear the narrator talk for a bit the narrator could be optionally turned off and even if there may be subtitles too. As we gradually appear into the game then the narrator could stop unless the option is off and you experience of the intro can truly start to take shape.

Ariana i only heard of her now if her songs were remixed with toilet flushing, poop, a cat playing the piano in style and someone hitting a triangle or shaking maracas for abit. Then it could be better that could lead to parody such as this

Aug 14, 2016
But here is the funny thing. Given the whole faster than light travel nature of the gates we use to travel to different worlds and systems it means that any messages that was sent in the past just now be getting to the place we are. For example if you used a gate to jump to place that is 50 lightyears away you could pick up old radio and tv signals from 50 years ago because of how far they needed to travel. And what is how it works in real life. Part of the reason people are working on things like quantum entanglement research is to see if it is possible to build a faster than light communication system. Because even within our own solar system it takes minutes just for things to get to Mars. Hell, it takes about 8 minutes just for light to get from the Sun to Earth. Every time to look at the Sun from Earth you are seeing what the Sun did 8 minutes in the past, not what it is doing now. Space is a really big place, lol.

Ariana i only heard of her now if her songs were remixed with toilet flushing, poop, a cat playing the piano in style and someone hitting a triangle or shaking maracas for abit. Then it could be better that could lead to parody such as this

If that is the case I would rather go with something like one of Weird Al Yankovic's songs. He changes things just enough for the songs to be different and funny, while also making a statement about the song (like how some songs have hard to understand lyrics) or other something about the culture we live in.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Made me think about music when we are in our meks or have our personal helmets / ear comms

Such as

- Standard Bross Boss music including the ambient sounds
- Music stream (Various musicians/artist) on those special events
- Various Preset GTA style radio stations to select your style of music from those done by community members / artists with names such as YeeehAA station with a reaper on a kaiju logo etc
- Own music from mp3 to play for yourself

Sometimes when listening to music even outside i'd want to plug my ears with something or just run far.
I guess it is true that one's poop is another's ear candy pleasure!

I know this is about events and feel that depending on music this could make people feel more excited as an example some may prefer heavy metal to someone who may prefer a completely audio experience of that trippy psychedelic style etc etc

Think that could add a lot and bring more to the style of music we may hear.

Aug 14, 2016
Hear is another thing about music in games that some people never notice and so don't use it to often. That different songs and even times the background sounds of a place or event can help you keep perfect timing for things.

For example, in some games where you have a fishing minigame that needs you move the lure around to catch fish the music that is playing in the background can help you better get the fish that you want. This is because in same games that made it so that different fish will bite more often if you move the lure the right way. And they hide that pattern inside the music that is playing. So if you follow the bet of the song to get the timing right there is no fish you can't get. Another example is in some fighting games and in some sport games. Where the background music matches up with the timing of different combos or the timing to get the perfect 100% power shot.

So the music in a game is not always there just for something players can hear and tune out. Some devs do put hidden messages and clues in those songs to help the players out. Well, at least for the players who notice the patterns and timing in the songs as well as the pattern and timing of different game mechanics and events.

For another example of things like this.

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
But here is the funny thing. Given the whole faster than light travel nature of the gates we use to travel to different worlds and systems it means that any messages that was sent in the past just now be getting to the place we are.
Unless something was changed, in this universe there has been faster than light communication even before gates.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Unless something was changed, in this universe there has been faster than light communication even before gates.
Noticed this on in the novel not sure if this is the updated version have to check but mentioned this, and wonder what the time line of this discovery was?

The process took well over two centuries to
complete. But while starships were limited to just a fraction of the
speed of light, a breakthrough in communications allowed colonies
and ships to transmit information instantaneously.

The discovery of tachyon particle generation meant that these faster than light particles could be used to “beam” information point
to point in space. High bandwidth, latency free communication
became prevalent between the colonies. Computer and communication networks spun a dense web of information that draped across and connected the far flung colonies.