Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
Call:

Poll: 1 in 4 don’t plan to retire despite realities of aging

https://www.apnews.com/e38b971fb04942eab297ffc9fa7f8d01

Response:
Fox guest enthusiastically spins new poll showing 23% of Americans plan to never retire: "What a great country we have!"

CHARLES PAYNE (HOST): Well, retirement inching closer for becoming a thing of the past for a lot of Americans. In fact, a recent poll finds nearly one in four people don't expect to ever leave the workforce. This as the number of people working multiple jobs also spiking. So why are so many people financially unfit to call it quits? Well, It's up for debate. So let's ask TrendMicro CEO Donald Luskin. These kinds of polls are always around. Bank rate does some things, other folks. It is always alarming, 32% say they of people will retire before age 65, which might be unrealistic but 23% say never. Is that worrisome for you, Donald?

DONALD LUSKIN (TRENDMICRO CEO): Doesn't worry me personally. I guess I'm one of those people who plans never to retire. I mean, I got to tell you, what do people do when they retire? You know, how do you spend a day? I mean, is bowling that interesting? Is fishing that interesting? I happen to love my work. Why do I want to stop it? It’s not like it hurts. Why would I stop it? This is great! What a great country where we have the opportunity to keep working! What a miracle where our lives are long enough and we're healthy enough and mentally alert enough so that we don't have to retire like generations before us! This is a great blessing. You should embrace it!

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/...s-plan-never-retire-what-great-country/224135

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
Replace "non-citizen population" with "gun owners" ( or whatever your interest(s) may be ) and it takes on a very different tone, doesn't it? Once you build the machine, it can ( and will ) be used for myriad purposes.

"... in greater detail, and more accurately..."

Be careful what you wish for...

Status
Not open for further replies.