Spam Thread - Madness revised

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
TikTok just gave itself permission to collect biometric data on US users, including ‘faceprints and voiceprints’

A change to TikTok’s U.S. privacy policy on Wednesday introduced a new section that says the social video app “may collect biometric identifiers and biometric information” from its users’ content. This includes things like “faceprints and voiceprints,” the policy explained. Reached for comment, TikTok could not confirm what product developments necessitated the addition of biometric data to its list of disclosures about the information it automatically collects from users, but said it would ask for consent in the case such data collection practices began.

The biometric data collection details were introduced in the newly added section, “Image and Audio Information,” found under the heading of “Information we collect automatically” in the policy.

This is the part of TikTok’s Privacy Policy that lists the types of data the app gathers from users, which was already fairly extensive.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/06/03/t...s-users-including-faceprints-and-voiceprints/

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
Last edited:

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
Texas attorney general admits Trump would have lost the state in 2020 if he hadn't blocked mail-in voting

"Had we not done that, we would have been in the very same situation — we would've been on election day, I was watching on election night and I knew, when I saw what was happening in these other states, that that would've been Texas. We would've been in the same boat. We would've been one of those battleground states that they were counting votes in Harris County for three days and Donald Trump would've lost the election," Paxton said.

https://www.rawstory.com/ken-paxton-texas-voter-suppression/

Status
Not open for further replies.