Jul 27, 2016

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
I think I'm done tinkering with my AR.. This is my current setup.
1991 Pre-Ban Colt 6520 Government Model lower/ 2019 Colt M4A1 upper, USGI M16 bolt carrier group, B5 Systems Bravo Stock, Magpul K2 handgrip & rear flip-up MBUS, BCM mod 3 vertical grip, UTG Pro Super Slim M-Lok handguard, Holosun 510C-GR Elite Circle Green Dot 116907104_586893588641744_4706136644106794241_n.jpg

Last edited:

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
De Tocqueville just got the branch of government wrong, I guess...

Not really as Congress (Legislative Branch) has to change the law(s) regarding the tax collection or removal, not a President (Executive Branch). As an example of bribery for votes, it could be argued that taking money from working people (income tax) and giving it to non working people (welfare) is more along the lines of what he speaks to. If Simon is going to take from Peter to give to Paul, and it's by vote, then Simon can usually count on Paul's vote. Keeping your property instead of it being taken from you by force is a bit different, votes or not. If anyone hasn't read his book "Democracy in America" i highly recommend it. It's a good read.

Trump promises permanent cut to payroll tax funding Social Security and Medicare if he’s reelected
The current President and his Administration has spoken about the deferred payroll tax being made permanent but it won't affect SS or Medicare/Medicaid as those programs will be paid for using other taxes already in place or borrowed money. Most peeps don't know why the taxes are taken out of their pay before they get it or that the US Government already spends more than it brings in every year (I.E. borrowing money).

Status
Not open for further replies.