Spam Thread - Madness revised

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
Republican Sen. Ron Johnson just did Trump no favors on Ukraine

But perhaps the biggest question at the heart of this scandal has been whether Trump’s blocking of about $400 million in congressionally approved military aid to Ukraine was linked to this pressure campaign.
Johnson claims he heard from Sondland that this was in fact the policy. However, Johnson adds that he became disturbed by this, and followed up with President Trump himself — who denied any such linkage. “He said—expletive deleted—‘No way. I would never do that. Who told you that?” Johnson told Journal reporters Siobhan Hughes and Rebecca Ballhaus.
But the story doesn’t end there. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Molly Beck, Patrick Marley, and Eric Litke, Johnson said in a separate interview that Trump did say he was considering withholding the aid because he wanted to find out “what happened in 2016.”
Johnson said he asked Trump whether he could tell Ukraine’s president the aid was on the way anyway, to dispel the government’s fears, but “I didn’t succeed.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/10/4/20899096/ron-johnson-trump-sondland-ukraine-aid
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ron-johnson-just-did-trump-no-favors-ukraine/

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
Gordon Sondland the day after Trump's 7/25 phone call on UATV
It sounds like they are dancing around the real content of the call but Sondland name-checks Perry, Volker and Walker. She straight-up asks him why, as US ambassador to the EU, he spends so much time in Ukraine. His answer: "...he [Trump] has also given me other special assignments including Ukraine..."
Worth a view with the advantage of hindsight.

Last edited:

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
#Apologist #FellowTraveler #TalkingPoints #ConciousnessOfGuilt
"I doubt if the China comment was serious..."

Q: You don't take the President at his word?
A: No.

Status
Not open for further replies.