• No Mans Sky

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zednel

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
Hungary
In Space Engineers, you can build your own ship from scratch, you decide every little aspect of its size, weaponry, speed, maneuverability, storage size etc. (reminds me of FF OBT crafting)
In NMS, you either buy one or search for a crashed one and repair it, but they will all fly the same, and you cannot crash it into anything, or destroy anything with it aside from pirate fighters and asteroids.

This alone is enough to side with SE.

DiBBz

Veteran
Oct 17, 2016
Somewhere in scotland!
Great answer!
What did you enjoy about it?

I was interested in it for awhile but after games like Solus...
or
Planet Explorers...

I lost interest in it.
i have both games and id by a large margin still go with planet explorers.

simply because its the vastest and most in depth in terms of creations. the fact you can create your own weapons / vechiles / submarines / boats / helicopters / jets etc

and with more planned to come (dunno when) like possibly space flight etc. planet explorers wins by far!

these Vs fights aren't really fair IMHO :D

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Hard to compare the two I'd say. I enjoyed playing SE with a friend but not solo. I still want NMS but will wait until (if) they put out a huge patch doing the things they were meant to and it goes on at least a 50% sale.

Never played Solus but really enjoyed Planet Explorers.

DiBBz

Veteran
Oct 17, 2016
Somewhere in scotland!
Hard to compare the two I'd say. I enjoyed playing SE with a friend but not solo. I still want NMS but will wait until (if) they put out a huge patch doing the things they were meant to and it goes on at least a 50% sale.

Never played Solus but really enjoyed Planet Explorers.
space engineers will always be fun with a community or friends :) after all, when they launched MP the amount of people moving away from creative and into that was unreal!

creative is barely ever played then its survival and then MP is the top most played thins. but their net code is still piss poor!

but considering what was changed in the last update which is putting less strain on the CPU id say their getting there. more sim speed here we come :)

then we can also with the amount of features their putting in and a full campaign coming soon, wont surprise me if we starting seeing bigger servers as well as the likes of role-playing servers, which i would love to play in SE!

Jul 26, 2016
Australia
Great answer!
What did you enjoy about it?

I was interested in it for awhile but after games like Solus...
or
Planet Explorers...

I lost interest in it.
I liked the idea that in the end there's really no true reward than the journey itself. I really wished that they said that it was going to be like Journey more than they had suggested. Journey, also is another game I also enjoyed. I guess the nature of the game itself, it's lore, mission statement, the underlying themes, those are subtle than some ultimate ship/slot chasing. So in some ways it's not about having the best score, or the most amount of money, those are good pursuits but they're also things in real life we also also seem to obsess over. I think we have a generation of player expectations; ones that the gaming industry also has a problem. That naivety of discovery, learning, improvising, testing, improving and devising gameplay has lost it's way. Just like deploying a bike in front of you to sheild you from attacking forces when reviving a teammate, using gliders in missions, I call it gaming science, science where the players do something that's unexpected and unintentional. Even in Journey, there's things you can share ingame with other players without talking or typing, but by intuition. In NMS, there's the knowledge attained from learning the language and knowing where to go to survive and explore. It's a shame really that the player interaction is via explored planets, than actual interaction. That was simply a bad call. So, if you didn't get on the hype train, your expectations for NMS are different.

Been also playing Osiris New Dawn, it's also a game that has unintentional gameplay elements. Might look into to Space Engineers.

Jul 26, 2016
But Sean Murray lied about the game just to get good marketing for the game. No way ppl are gonna ignore that.
Well to be fair, technically most game trailers nowadays lies/misrepresents the product they are selling. He took that marketing stance up a notch which is why you and others find the whole thing so unpalatable.

It has gotten so bad that it affects me and I got nothing to do with the game industry. I have had people come to see my apartments and then say, "Wow. This place looks exactly as it's described and the photos match to the ad!"

Status
Not open for further replies.