Sorry, but I have to unsub

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
After 2 months without an update to the vb, novel, or tabletop rules, I have to save my money. I can't keep waiting for you to do a triple or quadruple or quintuple update to make up for the time. Make the updates you owe us and I will resub.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Just to be clear...you "get" what would be considered a rare/epic cosmetic each month of the sub (May: Carbon Fiber Weapon Skin; June: Geesuit; July: OP-AI Hologram), of which those announcements have been "on time" each month. I could care less if you want to unsub due to what you wrote about in your OP, to each his own...but to say that..."I just can't keep paying...a month for nothing." is far from the truth.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Just to be clear...you "get" what would be considered a rare/epic cosmetic each month of the sub (May: Carbon Fiber Weapon Skin; June: Geesuit; July: OP-AI Hologram), of which those announcements have been "on time" each month. I could care less if you want to unsub due to what you wrote about in your OP, to each his own...but to say that..."I just can't keep paying...a month for nothing." is far from the truth.
I know I get the skins, but the reason I subbed was for he novel and vision book updates. Without those, I have no reason to sub, even if it means missing out on exclusive skins.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Not to single you out but while it may not have been your intent, I felt like the tone of your response was unnecessarily dismissive. zdoofop has valid concerns.

1565156151239.png
This is on the front page of my.ember.com, a promise of monthly RPG ruleset updates, monthly chapter drops and monthly unique skin. The skins so far have only been concept art which didn't require any time or effort from Grummz as a 3rd party is doing them. Right now we haven't actually gotten any skins, only the promise that some concept art will in the future be turned into skins.

Last month Grummz promised 2 chapters after skipping a drop in June, and then again did not follow through, nor did he post an update for the RPG rules. He promised to release a book chapter last week, and again failed to deliver.

Peoples reason's for subbing are naturally varied, and if a monthly skin isn't why they subbed then they really are in a sense paying for "nothing" they wanted. I feel it is important not to be dismissive of someones outlook simply because it does not match your own.

@zdoofop FYI Grummz recently released a new update to the tabletop rules, hopefully that means a book chapter soon as well.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
In all honesty i subbed to support and the skins the skin!
the story too but the skins!

+ Having those unique skins and many options is great for rp but also have something different just like the new limited edition pair of Jordan shoes!

+ The story i want to know more because dragon and what things could happen?

+ Tabletop i want to make my own character and play with others someday, don't lose your cool i am only a heroic space cat mutant cyborg renegade bandit messiah gnome and an invisible cloak just kidding i would be but then i would see many annoyed faces hmm

I am hoping eventually when things start to pick up with funding and support for the game things can get bigger because its currently a small team and we can sometimes forget this comparing with how red5 was.

Anyways i am keeping my support without support it all falls down so lets do what we can i am sure the promises will be kept.

Lets keep positive and rally behind Em8er, i want to look back and say this was worth the wait otherwise i will gather a group of kaiju cosplayers and kidnap mark taking him to a secret kaiju headquarter for a feather interrogation you have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

Aug 5, 2017
UK
First of all, Mark aka Grummz and the Em-8er team are doing very well with the lack of finances and time they have - as mentioned many many times here and in other similiar posts (youtube, Reddit, etc) about making a mmo of any type can/will take upto 3-4 years, even longer...and that is with major backers/brands who have mega money. Getting 'out' rewards/items on time, can be due to the lack of said resources....but you will get them.

Secondly - I was fortunately to have been supporting from the late M2/M3 phases (2016 - ) and all the items that has been sold/rewarded from the packages/publicity, I have received all that was advertised/promo..and it's alot over the 3+ years. Not that I have alot of cash, but I do have faith and some experience of being a founder/backer of other projects.

Thirdly - YES you are going need patience as backers/supporters !

(not trying to be condescending)

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I know I get the skins, but the reason I subbed was for he novel and vision book updates. Without those, I have no reason to sub, even if it means missing out on exclusive skins.
Totally fair. We have to be better at the novel and tabletop and vision book updates. We already released a new section for core diceplay on tabletop.

But we need to do better, and we will.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Sadly made a decision to unsub

- Earning is a lot less now due to budget cuts
- Considering a course or something to change career, perhaps means more money to save!
- Most likely going to lose the job because of an injury & family things with hospital
- Then there is xmas presents and all that stuff :eek:

Yep i like to be optimistic but this time round reality mind tells me sorry dream mind you need to prioritize :(

Keep up the good work

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Totally fair. We have to be better at the novel and tabletop and vision book updates. We already released a new section for core diceplay on tabletop.

But we need to do better, and we will.
Dear @Grummz , after the month of December has come and gone and yet again no mention of a novel chapter or an update on the RPG rule-book, I am despondently canceling my sub. Given that you promised a novel chapter for each month, I have subbed for 8 months now and received 3 chapters, and I believe 3 updates to the rule-book, or was it 2... At any rate I do feel I am still owed the missing content I paid for.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Dear @Grummz , after the month of December has come and gone and yet again no mention of a novel chapter or an update on the RPG rule-book, I am despondently canceling my sub. Given that you promised a novel chapter for each month, I have subbed for 8 months now and received 3 chapters, and I believe 3 updates to the rule-book, or was it 2... At any rate I do feel I am still owed the missing content I paid for.
:( I know you've really been looking forward to reading and giving feedback for both of those. :(

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
:( I know you've really been looking forward to reading and giving feedback for both of those. :(
Absolutely, I could care less about a bunch of overly sexualized wallpapers (I am not calling them skins at this point because they aren't yet). As I said before the issue is trust. Grummz made promises and then did not keep them. So far at least, the amount of effort Grummz has put into the subscription offerings is...very little. He's commissioned other people to draw some sexy artwork (because as we all know, sex sells), and he has written a couple chapters. I don't know how fast he writes, for me it is about an hour per page. So about a weekish of effort given over the past 8 MONTHS?

Don't get me wrong, I want him to focus on the game. But taking one or two work days a month to work on the items he promised would not be a huge impact. Whatever his reasons, the fact that it hasn't happened indicates to *me* that the doesn't care to put in the effort. And that is I think what makes it so painful to unsub, because it means my faith and trust has been broken. I no longer am 100% certain we will ever actually see Em-8er the game. As someone who has been a staunch Grummz supporter since Firefall beta, that is rather devastating.

EDIT: to add insult to injury, i now no longer have ANY of the rewards for the previous 8 months I was subbed. Hoping that is a technical error.

Last edited: