some random thoughts i had

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Big g said that Em8er will play like an RTS. Whenever i play rts games, I always make as many soldiers as i can and use the horde mentality. Since that obviously isn't possible when you don't know how many players will be by your side, a different tactic will be required. However, being npcs, the Tsi-Hus will have that option. How does one fight against such a tactic? Also, will we somehow have the ability to add npc soldiers to our side to dampen our numbers disadvntage in some way? I looked but found no universal guide to RTS tactics.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
I believe what he means when referring to Em.8ER as an RTS is that the war is always ongoing and there will be certain constructed items (bases, vehicles, mechs, etc) that are resource sinks that aid with the war/terraforming effort. The THMPRs and Giant Mechs will most likely be run by AI so those are probably the NPC's, if any at all for our side.

Drakin5

Omni Ace
Dec 15, 2016
Do we get to customize our units if ever? If it is, just how extensive? Take for example, an artillery piece. Most of us know that artillery units are glass cannons by definition but how do they attack?

Rockets? (High alpha strike, long reload time, large ammunition size)
Guns? (Sustained DPS, shorter range, heavier mass)
Mortar? (High angle, long shell travel time, smaller size)

What payload?
Explosives? Poison? White phosphorous? Melding?

Are they at best at destroying stationary targets or moving enemies?

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I believe what he means when referring to Em.8ER as an RTS is that the war is always ongoing and there will be certain constructed items (bases, vehicles, mechs, etc) that are resource sinks that aid with the war/terraforming effort. The THMPRs and Giant Mechs will most likely be run by AI so those are probably the NPC's, if any at all for our side.
from the vision book:

The Tsi-Hu are NPCs controlled by the server AI. They wage war
not by script, but by AI and simulation like in an RTS.