Some of the Top things that pushed me out of FF

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
It's all in the way you sell it. Item degradation can be seen as something positive. Break your toys, people will hate you for it. Promise them the option of an equal exchange or a potential upgrade and they'll love you for it.

Equivalent exchange, you guys really should watch more anime.

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
Wow dude, you totally bit Ronyn in the rear end just for liking your idea and trying to teach you some of the finer points. That was hilarious. Maybe next time you can smack him for opening his mouth at all. :D
I'm sorry, was that sarcasm or would you like me to do the same to you?

Aug 3, 2016
No problem man. I like Ronin. I like getting into debates with him. I'm just on a lot of meds and get a little defensive.

I mean well. It's a fight or flight response.
For real though. If I thought Ronyn had feelings, I'd wonder if they were hurt. I'm pretty sure he is a robot or a talking sword. LOL Am I the only one who remembers those old jokes about Ronyn from the pre FF beta days?

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
For real though. If I thought Ronyn had feelings, I'd wonder if they were hurt. I'm pretty sure he is a robot or a talking sword. LOL Am I the only one who remembers those old jokes about Ronyn from the pre FF beta days?
No i don't. As far as i can tell he's a pretty rational person. I disagree with him on some cases but we see eye to eye on a lot of them. The parts where we don't, i enjoy picking his arguments apart but i feel, he feels the same way about me.

Also, i dislike calling someone a robot. Sociopaths aren't even robots.

Aug 3, 2016
No i don't. As far as i can tell he's a pretty rational person. I disagree with him on some cases but we see eye to eye on a lot of them. The parts where we don't, i enjoy picking his arguments apart but i feel, he feels the same way about me.

Also, i dislike calling someone a robot. Sociopaths aren't even robots.
They were just jokes back then. No one was insinuating anything real. I think he thought it was funny too. Not that you can tell with that guy, I don't even know if he laughs in real life. Anyway, Ronyn was right this time about both points. You have a good idea like he said and his explanation about terms and cause and effect were accurate.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
They were just jokes back then. No one was insinuating anything real. I think he thought it was funny too. Not that you can tell with that guy, I don't even know if he laughs in real life.
Oh man I haven't thought about those old jokes in a long time. That's back when I was on my crusade to get some melee attacks added into firefall.
And yes I do laugh. Mostly over the defeated corpses of my enemies....mwahahaha. ;)

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
They were just jokes back then. No one was insinuating anything real. I think he thought it was funny too. Not that you can tell with that guy, I don't even know if he laughs in real life. Anyway, Ronyn was right this time about both points. You have a good idea like he said and his explanation about terms and cause and effect were accurate.
I still think i'm right though. Cause: people love feeling overpowered. Effect: people buy more consumables and fuel the economy.

IMO, you're wrong Ronyn. Consumer and producer.

(Again, on a lot of painkillers, so excuse my for my bodacious-ness.)

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Jul 26, 2016
I still think i'm right though. Cause: people love feeling overpowered. Effect: people buy more consumables and fuel the economy.

Wait. How can that mean I'm wrong when I never argued otherwise? Seriously, what is it you think we were debating about?

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
Wait. How can that mean I'm wrong when I never argued otherwise? Seriously, what is it you think we were debating about?
That they Don't work as a damper for powercreep if implemented right. On a cost VS power curve, they do.

It's like tinkering. If it's too expensive, most people won't bother.

Aug 3, 2016

Who the heck was arguing against that?

I bet he still thinks you don't like his idea. LOL

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Jul 26, 2016
That they Don't work as a damper for powercreep if implemented right.
All evidence to the contrary.
Yes. There are way's to design a system in which consumables are good for the economy as well as playing a part in staving off power creep. Your idea is one such system. I never disagreed with that. That's why I said it has merit from the very beginning.

Aug 3, 2016
That they Don't work as a damper for powercreep if implemented right. On a cost VS power curve, they do.

It's like tinkering. If it's too expensive, most people won't bother.
OMG dude. I knew it. He never said it wouldn't. No one ever said it wouldn't.
This is funny right here.

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
You know what, you're right. Forget about what i said. Power curves vs cost curves are no solution to solve the continuous decrease of power.

There is no limit where people would start favoring wealth over power. It just don't exist. Turn it all on me, all these debates were only about how much you all agreed with me and i'm delusional for trying to defend my position. Good luck.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Jul 26, 2016
Maybe I have not been speaking plainly enough. @Sn0wfIak3

Yes, your idea about temporary power enhancement from consumables could be good for the economy and be part of the solution to power creep for a game. It is a good idea.