So when can I order Crixa, tabletop RPG?

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
From http://crixa.io/2016/06/ember-set-in-the-crixa-universe/
If you’d like to see a video game based on Crixa in the future, please take a look and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/crixa-labs-make-ember-a-spiritual-successor-to-firefall

We will use it to judge interest. Meanwhile our focus is on getting the tabletop rpg version of the game prepared. Even if there is enough interest in the video game, we want to make sure we ship a great tabletop version first and foremost.
So when can I order a copy of the tabletop RPG? I'd love to participate in a play-by-forum game, in the spirit of CIV4's play-by-email.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
I am loving the interest For Crixa!
We aren't ready to release any new information about the timeframe on that just yet. But please keep your eyes on this section, new info will be coming in time.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
@Nakiato I can't reveal the bits I know.

Though, my man, you must defenitely get on that tabletop action. It's a unique experience. Epic levels of geekdom required. I'm very much at home there.

Of course you haven't really lived until you've played D&D with a bunch of giant ex cons. It seems that tabletop gaming is big on the inside. Which makes sense when you think about it. Just avoid arguments over rules at all costs. Lol

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Honestly, I've been putting most of the time into Ember. But when I get to the backstory it will also be in the TTRPG book. The Tabletop has to have its own separate KS and we'll need to gather some interest there before we do that.

Friggin

Nov 15, 2016
i've played a few table-top RPGs and the one thing that i enjoyed the most was a good story that the player characters were a part of. it's also really fun when the characters are each unique and from various backgrounds and have to figure out how to interact and make things work (at least most of the time). i found that for an RPG that part was more important that the combat system itself. i mean, who doesn't want to be an integral part of an epic story? i've played GURPS, pathfinder, D&D, and even a system that a friend was developing with influences from various other systems, and i found that the story and character interaction was the best part of it all. min/maxxing only goes so far haha

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
As far as tabletop RPG goes I've played a few systems (D&D 1st/2nd/3rd; White Wolf; Hero System 3rd/5th Editions; TMNT; Shadowrun; etc.), and run many a game/campaign in most of those, but I seem to come back to using Hero System 5th Edition and just picking a genre. In fact a friend of mine, about 2-3 years ago, wrote up Shadowrun using Hero System rules and he ran a 4 player campaign. It worked out rather nicely. Last game I was in actually and it's been my turn to run something for awhile now...ooooops...but I have one campaign basically put together and another rolling around in thy brain. Lord only knows when I'll actually start one though.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
@Nakiato I can't reveal the bits I know.

Though, my man, you must defenitely get on that tabletop action. It's a unique experience. Epic levels of geekdom required. I'm very much at home there.

Of course you haven't really lived until you've played D&D with a bunch of giant ex cons. It seems that tabletop gaming is big on the inside. Which makes sense when you think about it. Just avoid arguments over rules at all costs. Lol
i don't think I want to know how you know that.

on another note, a copy of crixa would be a wonderful perk for one of the kickstarter tiers.

on uet another note, where does the name crixa come from?

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
Hoping to revive a little interest in the TTRPG. I originally became a serious backer in hopes of playing the Gatestriders game well but that does not appear to be in the near future roadmap. I’m not giving up though. Is there a good summary of current Crixia lore published across various sources? I am hoping to combine everything available to achieve some form of a playable experience even if I have to adjust lore and mechanics later on.