So when can I order Crixa, tabletop RPG?

Discussion in 'Crixa General Discussion' started by Rocket, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Rocket

Rocket Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R. Max Kahina

From http://crixa.io/2016/06/ember-set-in-the-crixa-universe/
    So when can I order a copy of the tabletop RPG? I'd love to participate in a play-by-forum game, in the spirit of CIV4's play-by-email.

Faeryl likes this.
  2. Btabc

Btabc Active Member

I would just like to have some of the 3D files so I can actually SEE some of these ships and such :)
    It looks interesting!

3. Ronyn

Ronyn Ghostryker Community Manager

I am loving the interest For Crixa!
    We aren't ready to release any new information about the timeframe on that just yet. But please keep your eyes on this section, new info will be coming in time.

Faeryl and neonserge like this.
  4. Nakiato

Nakiato Moderator Ember Moderator

Hey Mini Boss @Ronyn, I would like to know information on this. I've never played a tabletop game, but I'm interested.

NitroMidgets likes this.
  5. Ronyn

Ronyn Ghostryker Community Manager

@Nakiato I can't reveal the bits I know.

Though, my man, you must defenitely get on that tabletop action. It's a unique experience. Epic levels of geekdom required. I'm very much at home there.

Of course you haven't really lived until you've played D&D with a bunch of giant ex cons. It seems that tabletop gaming is big on the inside. Which makes sense when you think about it. Just avoid arguments over rules at all costs. Lol

6. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Honestly, I've been putting most of the time into Ember. But when I get to the backstory it will also be in the TTRPG book. The Tabletop has to have its own separate KS and we'll need to gather some interest there before we do that.

Faeryl, TheQuadler, neonserge and 3 others like this.
  7. Friggin

Friggin New Member

i've played a few table-top RPGs and the one thing that i enjoyed the most was a good story that the player characters were a part of. it's also really fun when the characters are each unique and from various backgrounds and have to figure out how to interact and make things work (at least most of the time). i found that for an RPG that part was more important that the combat system itself. i mean, who doesn't want to be an integral part of an epic story? i've played GURPS, pathfinder, D&D, and even a system that a friend was developing with influences from various other systems, and i found that the story and character interaction was the best part of it all. min/maxxing only goes so far haha

neonserge likes this.
  8. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Well-Known Member

As far as tabletop RPG goes I've played a few systems (D&D 1st/2nd/3rd; White Wolf; Hero System 3rd/5th Editions; TMNT; Shadowrun; etc.), and run many a game/campaign in most of those, but I seem to come back to using Hero System 5th Edition and just picking a genre. In fact a friend of mine, about 2-3 years ago, wrote up Shadowrun using Hero System rules and he ran a 4 player campaign. It worked out rather nicely. Last game I was in actually and it's been my turn to run something for awhile now...ooooops...but I have one campaign basically put together and another rolling around in thy brain. Lord only knows when I'll actually start one though.

neonserge, Faeryl and ChristOneJazz like this.