So, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandsnake

Deepscanner
Jul 28, 2016
Yeah yeah, I know, Sandsnake shipped over.
Let's get something straight, right off the bat, maggots.
If you get me hooked on this game, then do a The9 on me? I will find your unborn children's pets and turn them into gummi bears, I kid you not.
Ok, but seriously, can someone give me a skinny on this game? a quick list thing? Nakiato? Grummz?
Also, Nakiato and Ronyn as mods? I see doom, gloom, and fire. Mostly for flamers, but hey, it's still fire and gloom, right? Wait, fire burns, makes light, gloom is dark.... Damnit I had a point in there somewhere.

Jul 26, 2016
Original Firefall formula with a new coat of paint and wrapping based off Kern's tabletop Crixa.

Check news and announcements for pretty much all we really know.

Very early super mega ultra early stages right now.

Sandsnake

Deepscanner
Jul 28, 2016
ARgh I am getting the feeling. The feeling I had at FF0.2. ARGH please don't hurt me again baby! Also, free, open offer for voice overs, I have about 20 Character distinct voice.

Sandsnake

Deepscanner
Jul 28, 2016
OK< Dunno which mod moved this, but damn, where is the gripe/flame/complaint? Think you hit the wrong sub, matey

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
Or they surrendered to your madness in hopes you would grow bored with them and move on to maul another victim? Standing still and hoping they couldn't see you like a T-rex didn't work out well for Red5 so this time around we try something different.

Sandsnake

Deepscanner
Jul 28, 2016
Or they surrendered to your madness in hopes you would grow bored with them and move on to maul another victim? Standing still and hoping they couldn't see you like a T-rex didn't work out well for Red5 so this time around we try something different.
So put the Alpha predators in charge of keeping the predator population down? Damn, they are even gaming the forums. OK, well played.

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
Maybe they realized that if they made me a mod I would no longer feel its appropriate for me to write out my infamous walls-o-text....lol
When I was shadow moderator at the firefall forums, and I started my critical wall of texts, they did something with my anonomous mod account, and I couldn't use it anymore, I inquired Phobos about it, and he gave me an vague answer, which was basicly a non answer, and told me to wait, he never got back at me. Hopefully we won't have such community leaders, that starts neglecting moderators, just becuase they critique the game.

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
becuase they critique the game.
That was what I first got warned privately for by Phobos. He said we are allowed to have an opinion but not bash them. I didn't even bash them. I just said that the change of direction was likely a waste of time and man power.
As it went on I got more of those messages for things that weren't even negative.
When it went straight from that to you are no longer an NCO, keep it up and we will seek a legal remedy, I figured it would fail at some point simply because those in charge were going to make decisions inside an Echo Chamber.

Jul 26, 2016
Ok, but seriously, can someone give me a skinny on this game? a quick list thing?

http://crixa.io/emberthegame/
http://crixa.io/2016/07/t-h-m-p-r-orthographics-done/
http://crixa.io/2016/07/ember-update-poster-art/

the no reworks thing that Grummz talks about in the last link.... FadedPez said over on his stream after he was fired from Red5, is that during his time there he got annoyed that development was very quick to rework things without giving it time to mature. Pez said reworks was very common and used way too quickly. He also said that he liked combat more before the game launch.

The best example was probably c0wb0y's combat system that a team he lead spent months on improving using feedback from chinese and american and european feedback. This guy had feedback in the form of surveys and Red5 decided to can him and tell cloudchaser that he's in charge and combat needs to be redone again. I didn't envy cloudchaser's position at all. Red5 just decided to drop everything and rework.

Status
Not open for further replies.