So I did some research, this is what I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
So we all know that Mark has been in a lot of controversies. There seem to be so much shit flinging, I do not even know. However, I have followed Mark on Twitter for quite some time, (I think he was the first I followed when I created my account) and I have found him to be likeable enough.

So I found some really... Weird stuff. I didn't really know what to make of it at all.

It all started, when I remembered that Mark Kern was involved with MEKEntertainment, and a game called voxelnauts, I remember seeing some old red5 devs and artist on the MEKentertainment team. Like JohnSu and some others. Now I assumed that project just didn't go of at all, and it was scrapped. and people moved on as normal. But ofcourse, what I find is that everything seems to be Grummz fault here aswell.

I went here.
https://twitter.com/VoxelnautsMMO/with_replies

First I thought this account was hacked, and used for spam and advertisment, but then I see that is not the case.

The next interesting thing I find is this.
https://twitter.com/VoxelnautsMMO/status/719734193014444032

I have also followed PlzBanMe for quite some time aswell, and I have always known him to be quite the fan of Mark Kern, and seems to be going wherever Mark Kern is going, I did know prior to finding this, that PlzBanMe was a moderator for the subreddit of Voxelnaut, as BanMe, actually reached out to me asking me to become a moderator there aswell, which I said "I'll think about it" and later ignored it.

Now this exhange from one of the voxelnauts devs and PlzBanMe was quite shocking. as BanMe seems to be just as surprised with the reaction someone at Voxelnaut is making here.

I then go to MEKentertainment twitter account, to see what is up there perhaps I will find something interesting. And I did. I found lots of posts hashtagged #brutalWhimsy and most of us probably knows who BrutalWhimsy is. As he was the one telling us about alleged horrible things Mark Kern did as a CEO for red5 on that infamous post on reddit.. Which some believe, and some believe party, and some disbelieve entirely. Now this makes me think that BrutalWhimsy is not just a random anonomous troll on the internet. as he seems to be associated with both red5 studios, and MEKEntertainment. However, I cannot say for sure.

What more I found out was from the advertisement voxenautMMO twitter handle is doing, that book "the diner" I did a wiki search on the author, and find out that he seems to be a massive proffessional whistleblower, that seems to make a living of doing just that. And what more do I later find? That this very person Jason A. Archinaco is the head attorney of MEKEntertainment.

This makes me think that BrutalWhimsy IS Jason A. Archinaco. It makes sense right? Or has this perhaps been confirmed yet? He also seems to be the one currently in controll of voxelnautmmo twitter account.

I thought i'd share this, as I have yet to see any theory to whom BrutalWhimsy might have been, and I thought I had found one.

Some other information I found.

Grummz seem to have left the voxelnaut project may 2015. And there seem to be a lawsuit against "old developers" that "sabotaged" their company, here I do find very little information though. Except that it is most likely Kern and possibly JohnSu, perhaps more? as they are reffering to. This was mentioned in April 2016, I don't know how long lawsuits can take in America, but is this still ungoing if anybody knows?

Yay controversies <3

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
It isn't grummz fault. Grummz left them to their own devices and the projects fell though. Grummz didn't take any of the funding with him or anything. At most grummz hurt the company by just leaving. Mark Kern was a pretty big name at one point(sorry grummz but with how things have gone over the years, you know).
Jason is not a stable person. I have talked to him a little bit. You can't just trust all your info from him, he trying to sue people and has to stick to his story that best helps him.

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
Lawsuits in the US can take forever. I got hit from behind while sitting at a red light in Texas. The woman was texting and never touched her brakes. She hit us hard enough we hit the guy in front of us. We were sitting there for so long that the light went green just after we were hit.

It took two years to get it settled. USAA refused for the longest time to pay up for anything. So much for supporting veterans. I am one and the woman who hit me was simply the grand daughter of one.

It can take forever and for some it is viewed as the Lottery System and not a Legal System.

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
It isn't grummz fault. Grummz left them to their own devices and the projects fell though. Grummz didn't take any of the funding with him or anything. At most grummz hurt the company by just leaving. Mark Kern was a pretty big name at one point(sorry grummz but with how things have gone over the years, you know).
Jason is not a stable person. I have talked to him a little bit. You can't just trust all your info from him, he trying to sue people and has to stick to his story that best helps him.
I can totally see that whoever is controlling Voxelnautsmmo twitter account, is not stable, and as I suspect that is Jason, I guess you speak the truth there.

Jul 26, 2016
Switzerland
darkcisum.com
Grummz left them to their own devices and the projects fell though.
This is true.

Grummz didn't take any of the funding with him or anything.
This is only partially true.

At most grummz hurt the company by just leaving.
"At most" is certainly wrong, since there are always reasons why they mutually decided to remove Mark from VN and once you have to do such a decision, there has always been some damage done.

Jason is not a stable person.
This is abso-fricking-lutly true. But I guess everyone who goes through his VN tweets can tell...

This makes me think that BrutalWhimsy IS Jason A. Archinaco. It makes sense right? Or has this perhaps been confirmed yet? He also seems to be the one currently in controll of voxelnautmmo twitter account.
No, it doesn't make sense. The Red 5 Studios issue and the Voxelnauts issue are two separate events that have only Mark Kern (and his business decisions) in common.
The guy who wrote the "famous" Reddit post (was he really called BrutalWhimsy?) has been found out (to my knowledge) to have been someone at The9. At a later point the same person started to comment on Reddit in defense for The9 etc. Then again this is maybe just the narrative Mark Kern wants everyone to believe. Hard to tell by now...
And Jason A. Archinaco is someone totally unrelated to Red 5 Studios, but in my opinion someone who's totally unstable and should look for help...

If you want to take away points, then remember that the only thing Mark Kern has so far commercially achieved is his time at WoW. Crixa the first game he worked on got bought by Blizzard and was later on cancelled. He got "kicked" from Firefall. He got kicked from Voxelnauts. And now we're back to Crixa and who knows, maybe Ember. How much it's all his "fault" and how much it's all everyone else's "fault" is nothing we can really discuss since we weren't there, but it would also be naive to ignore the track record here.

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
There is one thing that doesn't make sense to me now though, if Jason is the person behind voxelnaut, and if he is Brutalwhimsy, then why would he have worked with Grummz on voxelnaut? This makes me think that Jason cannot be BrutalWhimsy, as BrutalWhimsy first appeared before Grummz involvement in Voxelnaut rigt?

Jul 26, 2016
There is one thing that doesn't make sense to me now though, if Jason is the person behind voxelnaut, and if he is Brutalwhimsy, then why would he have worked with Grummz on voxelnaut?
Maybe he likes money and working.

Remember the dude reverses his position and attacks the dude in Red5 that released the information that Red5 didn't pay the salaries on time and stuff. He tried to take the high road and fell for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.