skills, configuration, hotkeys, performance, How to do those?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Was thinking about this yesterday when playing a game e.g. l4d2 there would be people who could bunny hop, react quicker with some configuration settings and just playing with a well co-ordinated team who seemed to have played together for sometime and most likely know the map well too.

Some have even set hotkeys to perform movements quicker than pressing several keys lets say as an example pressing x, , spacebar pause and then press W and shift could this be done in the em8er setting or would you need some additional software that came with the keyboard or something else?

So was wondering if skill is rewarded in this game how about a way to develop those skills because most times
there are a small few who can perform some really nice chained movements while others just slide and run around it can seem like oh only so called pros can do those moves.

In sleeping dog for example they have a sparring area where if you wanted to learn a pattern you would have to press what is shown on the screen and could practice there.

Another thing could be for videos and tips to be shown here so if they need a refresher can look at the instructions/video
to do ingame play around and perform the skill hopefully!

What is your thoughts on this??

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Macros would be nice. I remember having simple ones set up in WoW way back when, and it was a neat comfort being able to bind certain actions together on the hotbar. I could imagine a quick-glide macro to be :

Set MouseY to 1 (looking directly up)
Space
Activate Overthrust (or another ability to gain significant height)
Wait xxx ms
Set MouseY to 0.5 (looking straight ahead)
Shift

One button, and now you're flying into battle.

No reason why there couldn't be a holodeck on the orbital base or why you can't bring up OP-AI and ask her to show you how an advanced move is performed, but I think that once players figure out a cool or useful new tactic, videos will be made and people would try them out on the Tsi-hu, rather than a hologram.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
videos will be made and people would try them out on the Tsi-hu, rather than a hologram.
Your right though would be more against the actual opponents still a hologram and area to test certainly has its place too.

Hope macro's are easy to do it was one thing that bugged some of us and would these macros profile be saved for the different frames too ??

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Then what about with pvp where the option to take place in a testing center hub as part of training simulation / tutorial.

Once that is done this could give you the achievement: Alpha Pilot RD this is the research and development you can get various RD to RD mk - V

The pvp part is small in this case, to obtain specific achievements perform skill against players rather than bots and have a way to test at the same time or return when you need.

I'd imagine something with the mek manufacturers who have a facility and where you can see see some of their prototypes on display and others who are testing across in another area.

Just like an athlete in a performance lab who is figuring out what they would need to improve such as reaction time, gliding efficiency, targeting, skimming efficiency and so forth

The Op-Ai could even say you did a good job and congratulate the other opponent because in training it is about improving oneself to the best version.

The other video reminds me if you were replicating different scenarios within the facility against various opponent(s) So the A.I Director can figure this out with the stats of the pilot's tests making the game more challenging for higher skilled players if required, or adjust it and take into account the combination of not just a single player but the combined team skill total.

I am just spewing ideas again, but looking at how well you perform in a skill in a game makes me want to go aah i got to work on that, and its a personal goal but also a goal that would benefit not just me but everyone else when it comes to being a better team player too.

Not many games i have seen gives that indication unless you add a 3rd party mod and the last thing people want is a jerk saying your a noob or your this or that etc etc it happens a lot often than not sadly than figuring a solution to support and help make better players and a pleasant community.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I thought they said they weren't going to do any PVP in this game. The PVP we see now is just for trial until they get the enemy AI working?
I really like pve but there is a small room for pvp just like they did in firefall where you can ask to challenge or do it in a specific R&D facility perhaps.

I am not a big fan of pvp but i am seeing why pvp is enjoyed with out the toxicity, i'd still favour pve 90% but maybe this is because of my experience of pvp.

Its already going to be mainly a pve game so that's good just think a little pvp part that could be separate to pass time with friends who want to pew pew each other or to figure out a tactic they want to try out.
You could say it is more for the testing side of things and would fit well in a R&D facility in my imagination.

What about the pve players hmm i'd hope there is the option to go against advanced bots in the R&D facility and are smart enough it doesn't mean that pvp will effect anyone but its there if you happen to want a little test i'd guess.

Other than that pve all the way :)

Mad

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Instead of macro's why not simply add configurable combo options to skill activation buttons.
Limit them to equipped skills and long press to activate combo instead of the skill.
This would allow people like me (that are now far past our prime and thus have much slower reflexes them we used to...) to be able to pull off the "optimal combo's" that we can no longer do for various reasons (such as disabilities, arthritis Etc. All)