Side missions and mini quests

Aug 14, 2016
I was thinking about what kind of side missions and mini quests we could have in the game. But I couldn't really think of anything. And then a friend asked for help in making a D&D campaign like the one I made years ago, because it was memorable and no one could have guessed how it ended. I told them that is because I themed that campaign around the music on my paly list at the time and just stringed the songs together in such a way to make a story. Basically everyone was playing in a rock opera without even knowing it because they didn't know the songs some of the stuff came from.

So I was thinking. Could we also make side missions based on things like music and mini quests that are more or less rock operas? Given the nature of the game we have a lot of pull from.

For example as I started typing this post this songs popped into my head.
So what if we have a mission to find a lost NPC named Major Tom

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Then when tom is found he still refuses to go and continues to look for his partner until he finds

Through the long journey but where is he going

Flashes of images appear is it lost hope yet he keeps hold of his partners data pad that he finds along the way.

The body was found Tom is mad .........MAD as HELL and vows to take revenge kablewy pow walloop
they fall.

Tom finds the house of Wraith where he finds his partner to his surprise although having discovered the last body on his journey was a clone could this be his real partner or another clone too????

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Racing quests?

Then we have some good race customization that lets say if your racer your weapon will be limited compared to others but have greater speeds.

Just like in spy hunter you could have trucks that appear to quick change to other vehicles during a race event and to also defend the truck from baddies attempting to take over for their use!

Then with Deathdrome i'd imagine if we got caught by the baddies we would be put in the prison where your chance for freedom is to defeat the other npc racer prisoners

In twisted metal 2 just like there are bosses what if there are tsihu's or bandits of racing bosses that appear during the events and we would need to work together to stop this boss because if the boss wins the race or eliminates us all a certain amount of times the boss would help the other baddies control of a specific route to a comms station or some area of interest that we really need!

Aug 14, 2016
Given how I like to customize my stuff in racing games and how I like to drive/pilot in racing games (I rarely use breaks outside of hairpin turns and just switch gears most of the time). I feel like this song would be more about me, as I would totally change the gears on my bike to like the little nash ramble.

Given how some of the enemies can change their shape in the game. What is stopping some of them from looking like a human and trying to kidnap people? So we get a warning from one of the NPCs from an outpost and we have to find out which NPC is not really human.

Aug 14, 2016
We take over an area and terraform after an large battle. But we get a message from near the edge of the bubble. It seems like one of the NPC teams got split up in the battle and needs you to help find their partner who is out beyond the bubble now and they don't have the skills nor equipment to follow after them. So they stand near the edge of the bubble sending signals outwards in hope of them picking it up and finding them,

A simple minigame of hide-and-seek with a NPC who can change their shape. Once a week you'll be given an optional mission with the message to come and try to find them before the week is over. They can be hiding anywhere within the playable game world. To make things kind of easier every so many hours they'll give hints to where they are.

The hide-and-seek thing came from me watching this and wondering how fast could people find them after the mission starts? lol

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I think thats a good game and sometimes could be an actual evil imposter and other times its a secret agent who gives great information to help us!

I like this, it makes me think of how different Houses could have their own House challenges and each House does so within their house. At the end of a certain time or year they are visited by the House of Shadow where all Houses are put to the test to see how they work together!

The House of Shadow will never reveal themself perhaps they are the inshigi, no one knows they appear when the time comes. Perhaps they are the future Reapers that have time travelled just so they can prepare the Reapers for what is to come?

When the Houses completes the challenge from the House of shadows they are given a special symbol in their achievement and points to decide which house to use to unlock what the pilot truly wants.

Losing could bring a random outcome perhaps this is done by the Game A.I or Dev such as

A) Facing a Killer Kaiju that pops out micro Kaiju's every so often

B) Em8er is thrown into a chaos with no power until they can figure out how to stop the machine/relic that is draining all the power!

C) The House of Shadow set up an obstacle course without the use of a mech so working together is more important to get it done before the Shadow Biters are sent out to get you all!

etc etc

Aug 14, 2016
The funny thing about a good number of kid's games is that they do teach people skills that could help them survive in the wild. For example games like hide-and-seek teach people how to hunt for things but also how to hide when being hunted. Games like tag teach you how to chase after things and how dodge things chasing you. Even red light greed light teaches you how to deal with some animals, as things like big cats and wolves will tend not attack if you are looking at them and only move closer when you are not looking, and if you want to get into melee range of some animals you have to move in a way that they don't notice you moving.

So the idea of a group of people training others to do missions and stuff by playing children games does make sense when you look at it from the point of view of history and the skills those games teach kids even if they are not aware of what they are learning at the time.

Also talking about the different houses in the game made me think how do the different house pick who to let in and who to kick out? And could it be possible for one person to be a member of more than one house at at time? And if different hoses control different things and/or areas do they get a kind of home field advantage in some things? Because ...
I remember I use to never lose a game when that song was playing in the background. Even if I was losing I would pull back up to win in the end. To the point where my friends banded me from playing that song when going against them. lol