Side Encounters | FF-like as the Wounded Bandit

Wounded Tsi-Hu Encounters and such are:

• Nice fun side activity on my way to my favorite THMPR area...

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Distraction from the real battle and I will ignore them...

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Distractions from the real battle - no one should enjoy them at all... if not for me... not for you!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Are there any plans to have eventually dynamic encounters that are just tossed in there for pure fun?

Wounded Badndit had nothing to do with anything, but I had to help him no matter what just to hear the voice dialog.

Are there plans for non Tsi-Hu/Invasion dynamic encounters which are either 100% just for fun, or which help us in Lore or back story?

Main game is the Tsi-Hu and Invasions and "planetary war" with Thumping, but there must be some room down the line to make the EM-8ER version of Wound Bandit!

Surely there are Hisser Mounds on EM-8ER - those were all over the place.

Tsi-Hu Campfire?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like this ideas dynamic encounters and it supporting with the lore and fun too this is a good one because something on the way makes it interesting!

The idea of an npc singing the sailor song could be a good addition as he tells us his tale of how he traveled and came here!
and how he lost his leg from the horrid alien that was munching on his leg when he slept that cold and eerie night and thought it was his wife but it was too late :oops:

Tsi-hu i can imagine gathered together near a lava ice camp and the sound of ronynin with deepstrike scream played backwards are the lost souls echoing in the temple.

I like this wounded bandit in this case he/she is space pirate or spy or just a jerk that has stolen tech or escaped maximum prison or even luring you in a trap :eek: so depending on which npc we encounter and what their story is about maybe they want to steel your bike:mad:

Jul 27, 2016
I don't think they fit with the lore.

The Tsi-Hu take the place of the Chosen in this world, not Bandits. Tsi-Hu are going to fight to the bitter end, not ask for help.

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
I do not think this should be considered till post launch. This hyper focus Grummz has might be his key to success on this project. Doing it post launch might be a good thing to allow lore to develop. I love a deep rich lore and anything that can be tied back into the lore of the game is nice.
Side encounters could be any thing to other human factions to new alien races. Then again the Tsi-hu might be trying to set up small bases before an invasion. Small scale attacks too on weaker bases in a zone.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I like this ideas dynamic encounters and it supporting with the lore and fun too this is a good one because something on the way makes it interesting!

The idea of an npc singing the sailor song could be a good addition as he tells us his tale of how he traveled and came here!
and how he lost his leg from the horrid alien that was munching on his leg when he slept that cold and eerie night and thought it was his wife but it was too late :oops:

Tsi-hu i can imagine gathered together near a lava ice camp and the sound of ronynin with deepstrike scream played backwards are the lost souls echoing in the temple.

I like this wounded bandit in this case he/she is space pirate or spy or just a jerk that has stolen tech or escaped maximum prison or even luring you in a trap :eek: so depending on which npc we encounter and what their story is about maybe they want to steel your bike:mad:
Grummz as a singing wounded pirate beckoning to us from across the frozen wastes like a modern day siren - I like that!

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I don't think they fit with the lore.

The Tsi-Hu take the place of the Chosen in this world, not Bandits. Tsi-Hu are going to fight to the bitter end, not ask for help.
Definitely anything should fit in the EM-8ER universe and not be taken straight from FF. Just like our weapons may echo the spirit of FF, so might some encounters echo the spirit of FF. The echo is that they are fun and great to play not that they look or are the same.

Like having Aero be a voice for us. It is her voice, but it sure isn't Aero. Same would be for an encounter. It's not a wounded Bandit, but it may be a wounded Grummz!

I do not think this should be considered till post launch. This hyper focus Grummz has might be his key to success on this project. Doing it post launch might be a good thing to allow lore to develop. I love a deep rich lore and anything that can be tied back into the lore of the game is nice.
Side encounters could be any thing to other human factions to new alien races. Then again the Tsi-hu might be trying to set up small bases before an invasion. Small scale attacks too on weaker bases in a zone.
Most clearly this sort of thing should be only when all is running smoothly and KS is funded etc. etc.

Focus focus focus - all the way!

Later on judicious dynamic encounters which match growing EM-8ER lore and have that fun Grummz song Deepstrike vibe once in a while... perfection!

Jul 27, 2016
Definitely anything should fit in the EM-8ER universe and not be taken straight from FF. Just like our weapons may echo the spirit of FF, so might some encounters echo the spirit of FF. The echo is that they are fun and great to play not that they look or are the same.

Like having Aero be a voice for us. It is her voice, but it sure isn't Aero. Same would be for an encounter. It's not a wounded Bandit, but it may be a wounded Grummz!

Most clearly this sort of thing should be only when all is running smoothly and KS is funded etc. etc.

Focus focus focus - all the way!

Later on judicious dynamic encounters which match growing EM-8ER lore and have that fun Grummz song Deepstrike vibe once in a while... perfection!
Dynamic Encounters, I want. They're supposed to be a large chunk of the game. Wounded Tsi-Hu in particular? No.

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
prebuilt dynamic encounters are meh as it is. I still remember Rift or GW2. First one and couple of times later it's fun, but then it goes like boooooooooooooooredom.

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Stuff like the wounded bandit got boring really fast. It was more fun to just run over them with my MGV than to actually do the encounter.