Sell The Game - not just Packs

Gordro

Omniframe Inventor
Jul 26, 2016
England
Warframe: Free to play with bling sales. Most of the bling sales come from the pay-to-have-it-now crowd, in the form of Prime Access sales. They do a new frame every three months. Everyone else still gets to grind it out, but it takes far more than Firefail ever required. Firefail only ever made it easier. And then they resell access to the older Primes for those that came late. They have a really fucking good business plan, although they almost failed at one stage. The original Excalibur Prime sales pretty much saved them.
Warframe is probably what they should be looking at. I ended up spending hundreds without feeling I was getting a bad deal.

Most vaporware leaves me with a "dammed fool!"!" feeling when I fill out the credit card details, with Warframe I felt that I was getting something of value that I wanted, I never felt that I had wasted my money so was happy to spend more. I also never felt that I could not "compete" with other players if I DIDN'T pay some cash.

Yeah, "compete" in a pve environment sounds weird but I think people understand what I say (crap English notwithstanding)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Warframe is probably what they should be looking at. I ended up spending hundreds without feeling I was getting a bad deal.

Most vaporware leaves me with a "dammed fool!"!" feeling when I fill out the credit card details, with Warframe I felt that I was getting something of value that I wanted, I never felt that I had wasted my money so was happy to spend more. I also never felt that I could not "compete" with other players if I DIDN'T pay some cash.

Yeah, "compete" in a pve environment sounds weird but I think people understand what I say (crap English notwithstanding)
Some of the community skins are really cool, hope there will be opportunities for the creative bunch to do the same in em8er.

Maybe can see a cyberpunk Mohawk biker pilot skin or a chroma baldy head skin that changes color every time the character runs like a siren of a police vehicle but way more stunning!

Jun 14, 2018
New Zealand
Em-8ER: Buy to play. Shut up and put some money in, or fuck off. And yet it's not really that much money. Indie dev sales values. Nothing like top tier. Not even close. We could probably even call it pocket money. Pocket money is a viable business plan. That's not a nice thing to say
Rocket

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Would there be

* pre-paid game cards e.g 30, 60, 90 days you can purchase or gift?
* Individual expansion pack purchase or expansion pack set including previous expansion?
* What about an em8er authenticator tool that provides a random number from the key fob display
providing an extra layer of protection rather than using a phone.
* perhaps variation in game pack e.g. collectors edition with signed book and a mech toy etc, standard edition the original pack, pre purchase edition gives you earlier access. Special edition pack comes with em8er anime plushie, t-shirt and 1st edition of em8er comic!
* Then it leads to how you want it hard copy DVD, or use pc code
* If you subscribe as wyntyr mentioned e.g $5.99-$8.99 guessing per month every 3 months you get 1 month free perhaps hmm

* if your lucky sometimes discount codes/trial codes could appear in em8er discord/forums on special occasions when they are announced for a limited time and sometimes ingame as a login gift, this could be gifted to someone in the clan or public to help them.