Runs on Linux!

Do any non-Windows platforms work for you?

• Total voters
Apr 9, 2018
" how "
oh pfff... Nevermind.
Works just fine NOW. ( ͡°Ĺ̯ ͡° )
Without Steam, Steamplay and without proton. On the opposite end, I don't think it even works with steamplay//proton. I just ran them directly with wine

Tried it on Debian 9 and Debian 10. It wanted me to install UE4 prerequisites and that would always fail so it wouldn't run.

Tried it on Ubuntu 19 with its own prefix install with wine 4. Kernel 5.0.0-13 generic Works immediately with NO dependencies.

Then again, I dist-upgraded that deb9 to deb10. I really should try it again with an actual deb10 freshly installed. Or maybe you just have to compile the latest wine from source straight from the wine website or something. . . .

That was a couple of days wasted . . . .

Last edited:

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
" how "
oh pfff... Nevermind.
Works just fine NOW. ( ͡°Ĺ̯ ͡° )

Tried it on Debian 9 and Debian 10. It wanted me to install UE4 prerequisites and that would always fail so it wouldn't run.

Tried it on Ubuntu 19 with its own prefix install with wine 4. Kernel 5.0.0-13 generic Works immediately with NO dependencies.

Then again, I dist-upgraded that deb9 to deb10. I really should try it again with an actual deb10 freshly installed. Or maybe you just have to compile the latest wine from source straight from the wine website or something. . . .

That was a couple of days wasted . . . .
Not to be that guy, but I stopped using static release distributions for my personal computer because having old software makes most of what I do more complicated. More often than not, newer=better. Rolling release with snapshots is the way to go.

Apr 9, 2018
I'm actually a false lead. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
I don't care about linux, promoting it, or contributing and I only have it installed for about a week per year, in a VM. I don't even acknowledge linux when I'm with friends. I'm like mommy, smiling and waving but completely disregarding of your interests xD

I saw the question of em8er on linux so I jumped in to test em8er demos for myself because this game is still in development and every little person doing something helps a little bit

I just help make sure halopc, halocustomedition, and the HEK are well supported.
--snip-- and it works in debian. Nice. I accidentally DXVK'd it and that's why it wouldn't work the first time

Last edited:

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
I'm actually a false lead. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
I don't care about linux, promoting it, or contributing and I only have it installed for about a week per year, in a VM. I don't even acknowledge linux when I'm with friends xD I'm like mommy, smiling and waving but completely unattentive of your interests xD

I saw the question of em8er on linux so I jumped in to test em8er demos for myself because this game is still in development and every little person doing something helps a little bit

I just help make sure halopc, halocustomedition, and the HEK are well supported.
I'll try debian again in a few days, maybe I missed something. I like debian so I try extra hard with it
Ha ha, I'm kind of the opposite. I'm not actually that into playing video games anymore (I still play sometimes) and tried to run the Em8er demo just to see if it would work. I'm a KDE developer and openSUSE Member, so I'm totally into Linux, but I'm not all up in people's faces about it.

zdoofop

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Ha ha, I'm kind of the opposite. I'm not actually that into playing video games anymore (I still play sometimes) and tried to run the Em8er demo just to see if it would work. I'm a KDE developer and openSUSE Member, so I'm totally into Linux, but I'm not all up in people's faces about it.
I love plasma. Keep up the good work