Respark, "MMORPG Spiritual Successor to Firefall"

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
They have a nice forum too with the options of seeing badges and other categories.

I wonder if they would consider teaming up with crixa labs?

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
that's still up to the Two Teams to decided. the throne is still empty and has no king yet for the true Spiritual Successor to Firefall.

all i can say is this, may to best man win
In my opinion i think that Respark is attempting to follow more closely to the firefall game which will bring more of the nostalgia to those familiar.

Where as Em8er is bringing that and expanding on this with Mechs and mega size kaiju's with greater customization.

I do feel they are both successors, though i would love for them to do something like a cross over if that's something they would consider?

Where Em8er meets respark in a particular Biome / world?
1656850268428.gif 1656850658894.gif
It could be called Em8er Firespark Edition hmm

Notice how fast the kaiju is running, the Firespark has provided the right motivation!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
There are somethings i am not so sure of below:
https://www.patreon.com/abyssall

- To access their forum you have to be a patron ($)
- Private community (limits the amount of interest from non-paid individuals, however helps prevent bots, alts, spam etc)
- Discord Benefit Live chat for highest patron Supporter (Paying for communication seems strange like paying to use the toilet)

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I've been following them since last year, joined their Patreon in January. It's slow going, and while their team are all doing things on their spare time, it definitely looks promising. It looks more Firefallesque than EM-8ER.

Their team is very friendly, and very active on their Discord. I think there have been some "Chief Chats" too! Playtest is sometime this week for Patreon guys and Founders so looking forward to it.
Already seen a few of you there actually...

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
They're using Unity. The Unreal engine wasn't meeting their needs; iirc the multiplayer functionality is better in Unity for them

I do wonder how a game could be using different engines can they all look the same and feel the same.
Guess it all depends on the Dev's skill for the particular language / Engine they are proficient in.

Methanoid

Deepstriker
Feb 24, 2019

This is one of the dev's videos from today if anyone wanted a look at how their first closed play test is going.
so with far less money we already have something on par if not further along the firefall route than em8er which just carries on sucking in money like a star citizen whale with little to show for it, already regret wasting cash on this "game", might have to keep my eyes peeled for this Respark game's progress instead, looks promising.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I haven't checked Respark since, have they done anymore updates?

This year i'd hope there is going to be more tangible updates from Em8er?

farias

Ark Liege
Aug 17, 2020
Brazil
I just checked it out again and it seems they're still developing it.
There's not many updates but the Discord server is active and sometimes they post some new images or teasers for new mobs or guns.

This is their latest video from 5 months ago:

And some images:
respark-01.jpeg

respark-02.jpeg

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I just checked it out again and it seems they're still developing it.
There's not many updates but the Discord server is active and sometimes they post some new images or teasers for new mobs or guns.

This is their latest video from 5 months ago:

And some images:
View attachment 5739

View attachment 5740
Ah the not so peaceful night and the sight of the biogun glow in the dark projectiles with interesting sound.