Remember all the Frames we could've had

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Oh yes...I remember that. While we can only afford to model one frame for a future funding goal, I'd like to be able to do more in the future.

Or....it could be one omniframe, but you could buy different looks for it in the future. Hmmm, what to do?

doty

Veteran
Jul 27, 2016
Oh yes...I remember that. While we can only afford to model one frame for a future funding goal, I'd like to be able to do more in the future.

Or....it could be one omniframe, but you could buy different looks for it in the future. Hmmm, what to do?
What class would the first frame be?

Smile

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
New Zealand
www.twitch.tv

This is of course if omniframe is what you're looking at doing. I don't think the frame has to look different do to different things, at least early in development. There is no reason to waste resources modelling a character frame that players may never use. Allowing us individual customisation (colours/skins) would be preferred to frames having custom models.

On topic I REALLY was impressed with the frame tree at the time I was playing the game, I was super excited to go down the trees and unlock new frames and try them out. Obviously that was never full completed or anything so thats a bummer. Oh well!

OziriusSVK

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Slovakia
This is of course if omniframe is what you're looking at doing. I don't think the frame has to look different do to different things, at least early in development. There is no reason to waste resources modelling a character frame that players may never use. Allowing us individual customisation (colours/skins) would be preferred to frames having custom models.
As long as our omniframe can be set to different roles (for example adjusting maximum of mass, power and CPU), I don´t see any problem to have only one. Of course later adding cosmestics or different looks for gear is greatly welcome :)

Jul 26, 2016

I've always been a fan of a more modular setup.

You mentioned cars as being an inspiration. I'd imagine it would be something similar in how we build our frames would be wonderful. Instead of picking a set class with set abilities and pick it off a list it could be more broad and our entire load out could be balanced through a system of checks. Armor and frame Core grants necessary power to fuel an array of player chosen abilities and weapons we slot into the frame.

I did enjoy the aspect of the constraint system back in Firefall. Expanding it to make it feel as if we are our own Mechanic for our Omniframe, not just our 'Firecat' or 'Mammoth', makes it our own. To see us being able to mix and match and customize would be pretty awesome. It wouldn't be a 'Class' system as we were used to with Firefall... It'd be the Omniframe Project.

Last edited:

Nubilus

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Base Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
A highly customizable Omniframe is a great idea.

Oh you like Turrets and Big guns? Take these modules.
Maybe you prefer to be a stealthy Meele Assasin. Then take these abilities.

Not being bound to a certain kind of loadout also comes with Balancing issues in e.g. PvP, PvE Content.

Jul 26, 2016
A highly customizable Omniframe is a great idea.

Oh you like Turrets and Big guns? Take these modules.
Maybe you prefer to be a stealthy Meele Assasin. Then take these abilities.

Not being bound to a certain kind of loadout also comes with Balancing issues in e.g. PvP, PvE Content.
No doubt a balance concern. You wouldn't want say.. Uber high damage Snipers wearing the heaviest Armor.

No doubt you'd need a class system in regards to parts... So, Heavy Class armor would restrict in a specific way by sucking so much power that weapon systems suffered but durability was high, giving you a Tank style frame; perhaps that'd apply this way and that and back and forth to give the appearance of classes by weight/firepower/mobility but not being labeled with a name under a menu.

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
No doubt a balance concern. You wouldn't want say.. Uber high damage Snipers wearing the heaviest Armor.

No doubt you'd need a class system in regards to parts... So, Heavy Class armor would restrict in a specific way by sucking so much power that weapon systems suffered but durability was high, giving you a Tank style frame; perhaps that'd apply this way and that and back and forth to give the appearance of classes by weight/firepower/mobility but not being labeled with a name under a menu.
Not really as long as pieces are balanced themselves they'd be balanced in combination, a sniper with heavy armor for example would be slow and unable to reposition once located which is a problem for a as a sniper rifle is useless in cqc