Regarding the Tsi-Hu beastform design

• Thread starter punkbuzter#6186
  • Start date
P

punkbuzter#6186

Sorry for being the negative one here, I really like the designs.
I'm not a designer, but I'll just give my realistic point of view of its current design.

Ok so the Tsi-hu beastform does seem very "inefficient" for an advanced alien being. Their limbs/tools are very pointy indeed and perhaps not the best choice for combat in certain terrains. Technically speaking I think they'd have a hard time walking/running in a forest.
But, I can only enjoy the "Art" demo thus far, maybe they can orientate their limbs/tools differently in motion for efficient movement.

Feel free to correct me on this one :)

Attachments

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Perhaps this is just some prototypes and there could be more tweaks?

My guess is this one could disguise its self as a bush, and then climb very well up mountains think of it as a camouflaged mountain climber in the snow but in this case it is a bush :O

Also imagine the feet could change but these pointy feet is a good way for some serious damage. and hooking into the target while it tries to eat the armor.

I wonder if there will be flying opponents too or even pond skater types and even underwater etc etc

What if these opponents could jump!

P

punkbuzter#6186

Perhaps this is just some prototypes and there could be more tweaks?

My guess is this one could disguise its self as a bush, and then climb very well up mountains think of it as a camouflaged mountain climber in the snow but in this case it is a bush :O

Also imagine the feet could change but these pointy feet is a good way for some serious damage. and hooking into the target while it tries to eat the armor.

I wonder if there will be flying opponents too or even pond skater types and even underwater etc etc

What if these opponents could jump!

Yes, but at the same time, if you look at the attached image and replace the platform it's standing on with sand, dirt or mud you'd think he should probably have a hard time moving. Maybe if they orient their "pickaxes" differently when walking this would change but, idk what the scope is, I just get to enjoy the model provided xD

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
We haven't seen the beast form in action yet. Perhaps it leaps and climbs in forest/jungle environments vs staying on the ground. Good perspective to bring forward to the Devs though as they may not have encountered an issue with it if not placed in a number of different environments for testing. Also, having issues with movement in that form in different environs is ok too. Could be some locations it would be beneficial to stay in one form vs another.