Regarding the future MTX store

P

punkbuzter#6186

Please don't make "season locked" content.

I get it if you receive a sponsorship and it has an expiration date, I know Steam has done some in a few games but for general items in the store don't become an opportunist company like so many others. There are enough of those games out there as it is. At the very least, don't archive them for too long.

After quitting a very famous MMORPG back in the days that I have spent a regrettable amount of money in, I decided to rejoin last year and couldn't buy the stuff I wanted. What a waste... Today their publisher is gone, filed bankruptcy, and I wonder why. They didn't want my money. It's like going to the grocery store to buy something and they tell you nope you can't have it, uuuh well ok then thanks for that...

I don't ask for much anyway, I'm very selective, and to be honest I don't think a fast-cash grab "season" item generate as much money as a permanent item does.

P

punkbuzter#6186

What if said seasonal item comes back each season? Or...if it returns 1-2 years later and then remains in the store after that?
I'm ok with that, I'm just worried about permanent removal.
(At the very least, don't archive them for too long)

In said game, because it was possible to trade such items with other players, it not only became an opportunists game but a pay2win as well, as some people hoarded these items and made massive loads of in-game currency once the items were removed from the store. In a way, you could say that a shop doesn't need to sell "golden guns" to get the pay2win stamp.
Tho, in this case I was actually more frustrated with items no longer being available than people misusing the system. Technically speaking it wasn't the players fault that this was happening.

If they make a couple seasonal packages and just fill them with more content before the next season arrives, without actually removing any of the old seasonal items, I could live with that.

[edit]: Sorry for not making myself clear about that in my original post :/
[edit]: Added a quote from previous post.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I don't ask for much anyway, I'm very selective
Me too i think i'd ask for much though i'd still dream of a transformer mech but playing airmech has helped me cope :D

If they make a couple seasonal packages and just fill them with more content before the next season arrives, without actually removing any of the old seasonal items, I could live with that.
What if they had player creator content too included with the seasonal stuff wouldn't that add to the selection? Also the creator content and player creator content could provide not just more support to the game but you can subscribe or tick your preference to your favorite creator and keep up to date of the kind of style your into hmm.

The only thing i want is that promises are kept if they say something like bla bla this alien stealth pet is one of a kind and available for this time, and you cannot get it after bla bla because it is a special for the kick starter so get it before it is gone at this date 20/12/2072 then i can understand.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I'm with Wyntyr on there one. Seasonal events that repeat either multiple times a year (say quarterly) or each year for a season, would be just fine with me. I can't help think of WoW's approach to Dartmoon Fair and Brewfest type events as a successful rotation of content to keep people playing.

P

punkbuzter#6186

What if they had player creator content too included with the seasonal stuff wouldn't that add to the selection? Also the creator content and player creator content could provide not just more support to the game but you can subscribe or tick your preference to your favorite creator and keep up to date of the kind of style your into hmm.

The only thing i want is that promises are kept if they say something like bla bla this alien stealth pet is one of a kind and available for this time, and you cannot get it after bla bla because it is a special for the kick starter so get it before it is gone at this date 20/12/2072 then i can understand.
I'm in for any content added, as long as it's not removed permanently :p

P

punkbuzter#6186

I'm with Wyntyr on there one. Seasonal events that repeat either multiple times a year (say quarterly) or each year for a season, would be just fine with me. I can't help think of WoW's approach to Dartmoon Fair and Brewfest type events as a successful rotation of content to keep people playing.
I wouldn't know what that is, haven't played that game. But I'm not talking about events, this is purely the items available in the store.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
For example, the Wyntyr Season :p has a Santa hat the first year. The following year the Santa hat is back and another cosmetic is added. Year 3 would have the 2 cosmetics and a new one, etc., etc., etc.

I do know there would actually be more than 1 cosmetic for the initial year and probably a couple more each year added but wanted to keep the example easy to understand.

P

punkbuzter#6186

For example, the Wyntyr Season :p has a Santa hat the first year. The following year the Santa hat is back and another cosmetic is added. Year 3 would have the 2 cosmetics and a new one, etc., etc., etc.

I do know there would actually be more than 1 cosmetic for the initial year and probably a couple more each year added but wanted to keep the example easy to understand.
Ahh yes, the "Wyntyr" Season haha!
But yes, this is the example of a GOOD MTX store I wish for :)