Question on the Thumper

Now work with me a bit since I have not been paying attention as closely, mostly watching what videos come out [which by the way mostly everything seems to be going in the right direction with how I see it :p], but... isn't the thumper suppose to be way way bigger, like in the art work above? Or is the Scale of a lot of things mix up for testing reasons? Just seems odd and kind of bugs me since was thinking it was going to be massive since the beginning and a mining unit should be pretty big, add on fighting the big bois off lol :p with our help of course.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I think its big compared to the meks for sure and imagine with lots of thumprs moving around would make it tricky to see other stuff if it was too big could imagine :D

I am guessing the artwork was against a kaiju cat 1 maybe... i don't know but its my guess.

If the Thumper needed to mine for longer what if there was an add on like a storage unit on its back to take more stuff think like a backpack with inventory space.

I think its big compared to the meks for sure and imagine with lots of thumprs moving around would make it tricky to see other stuff if it was too big could imagine :D
Well it seems like only double the size, shouldn't it be 3 or 4 times the size? Though could go the same route as the thumpers in firefall [god Im missing that game bad now even with the crap patch they put out that murdered it] where they just make them bigger?

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Well it seems like only double the size, shouldn't it be 3 or 4 times the size? Though could go the same route as the thumpers in firefall [god Im missing that game bad now even with the crap patch they put out that murdered it] where they just make them bigger?
Not sure but I think I remember discussions about being able to UPGRADE your THMPR.. Maybe that includes making it much larger so that it would be able to help fight the larger category Kaiju?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
If i could get a micro size thumpr skin i'd get it for sure :D the firefall thumprs were very cool, that make me wonder if the thumpr meks could be commanded to thump at a certain spot or would the firefall classic thumpr be made available?

Parttimejedi made a great point on the upgrade and i wonder if skins can also make thumpr look bigger or smaller too.

I like both thumpr types the old firefall one was great for those who wanted to be more stationary/camp and the thumpr mek is more mobile with all the dynamic action.

As much as i love all the action and moving sometimes i like to just stay in an area too hope there will be a choice for that also.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
The final sizes of OF's and the THMPR aren't set yet. Grummz has been testing the waters with various screenshots of sizes/styles for them all.

The final sizes of OF's and the THMPR aren't set yet. Grummz has been testing the waters with various screenshots of sizes/styles for them all.
Ok Thanks also for everyone Else thats great to know! Skins would be pretty sweet, would suck if we could not customize the thumper a bit. Hell To go off topic here from the main post:
Why not let us custimize are thumpers like we do are omni frames? maybe you want a slower but more tanker thumper. or maybe you one that punches like a truck but can't hold / get that muich resource bla bla. im sure everyone can see where im going with this :p