Question about the Subscriber rewards

Sindothyx

Aug 15, 2019
Hello!

I've been a subscriber since October and have noticed that, aside from two mechs and one outfit, all of the outfit rewards have been for female characters. That is, I have eight female outfits and only one male one.

Will they all have opposite sex variants? I'm planning on playing a male character and currently feel like I haven't obtained much for at least seven of the months I've been subscribed (1 male outfit vs 8 female in that time, counting the bonus). Hoping to quell this feeling by gathering facts.

Thank you.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
This has been brought up often and answered often. I recommend that you go read the exchange on the Em.8ER Discord server for July 8th as it's the most recent, and informative, dialogue regarding your inquiry. At some point the Dev Team will probably have a copy/paste answer for this since it seems to be asked every month or two.

Sindothyx

Aug 15, 2019
Thank you for the reply, even if it did not answer my question and directed me elsewhere.

With regards to discord channels, I do not join them. So I guess I am out of luck on learning what it said.

I suppose I could have put in more than "subscriber" and such in search options, but after perusing a few pages I didn't see anything. Also tried asking through twitter before coming to here.

Hopefully they will copy and paste an answer if it shows up every month or two. No doubt it is tiresome to those that see it.

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
The newest skin released today is a male skin. The devs are aware of the demand for skin variants...and I can't truly remember if they confirmed that buying a female skin unlocks the male variant (or visa versa). I think I heard buying the female skin unlocks the male variant but don't quote me on that.

Grummz has stated during chief chats that the reason they have so many female skins is, frankly, they sell better. He stated that he's aware of the lack of male skins and wants to fill that gap. He wants players to have serious skins, goofy skins, he wants players to have waifu and husbando skins, he wants more mech skins. At the current time however female skins sell substantially more than the male skins.

Em8er is still conceptualizing the baseline mech art style and thus mech skins are unlikely to be a subscriber reward until mech concepts are solidified.

Lastly the skins that come through the subscriber rewards will not be gone forever. They will be available for purchase ingame like the other microtransaction skins but they will be rare occurrences.