Protecting the THMPR

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
I was just thinking.. One of the cool things in FF was the different types of creatures that would attack your THMPR. This also depended on WHERE you set the THMPR down. It was a strategy defending your THMPR with all those different types of creatures with different attacks and different waves.
In Em8ER I know the Tsi-hu will be attacking but was thinking how much better it would be if there were different types of grunt-Tsi-hu or maybe even have FF like creatures native to Em8ER attack your THMPR along with the Tsi-hu?

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I thought that was already going to be a thing? I mean one can assume that more than just the Tsi-hu can come through the rifts, if the mining itself is destabilizing time and the longer it goes on the more unstable things get then who knows what might appear. Would be kinda interesting if more than sentient beings came through...or what if thumping for long enough actually swapped the terrain between ours and what exists on the Tsi-hu side, that being where we get the super rare resources.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
I thought that was already going to be a thing? I mean one can assume that more than just the Tsi-hu can come through the rifts, if the mining itself is destabilizing time and the longer it goes on the more unstable things get then who knows what might appear. Would be kinda interesting if more than sentient beings came through...or what if thumping for long enough actually swapped the terrain between ours and what exists on the Tsi-hu side, that being where we get the super rare resources.
Very interesting! The Terrain might flicker into their dimension with their native creatures attacking! Crazy!

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
I believe that within the various tiers of Kaiju there will be differing Kaiju with some being controlled by the Tsi-Hu and some that have broken control or not yet been enslaved.
I thought the Kaiju were going to be a different battle? Will the Kaiju attack the thumper? Or is that planned to be a Tsi-hu attack?
Or is this still in the planning process?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Kaiju were going to be a different battle?
I was thinking if there are going to be different category kaiju's they could appear for different things making sense.

e.g. Big kaiju's for more higher risk things and small kaijus are just around

Will the Kaiju attack the thumper?
My guess they will just like when in firefall those creatures were drawn by the sounds and vibrations caused.

Or is that planned to be a Tsi-hu attack?
Thought the tsi-hu are smaller maybe they have other means going into smaller enclosed areas and fighting in a different way but when they get too overwhelmed turn into small kaiju's

reading this old topic made it seem, could be viable for missions without a omni perhaps in enclosed areas i love the idea of meks but not having a mek too is also fun.

https://forums.em8er.com/threads/mission-without-omniframe.1374/#post-42571

Actually seeing people in their G-suit not in their omniframe doing missions lets me think wow i am not the only one vulnerable in this harsh place there is a fear in some way but we can still survive and must be way way more careful too.

Then when we are outside that is when we really need our omniframe i think having that option to be with or without a frame is valuable!

Last edited:

Kaedan

SHIFTER
Ark Liege
Oct 21, 2019
I thought the Kaiju were going to be a different battle? Will the Kaiju attack the thumper? Or is that planned to be a Tsi-hu attack?
Or is this still in the planning process?
From my understanding, Kaiju are more of a "holy hell, it's raid time!" sort of event. The game description describes them as "giant tech monsters" that act as "siege weapons" for the Tsi-hu that wander around the map and destroy anything in their path (mainly used to destroy the colonies we are building). So it sounds like it's one of those "spawn window" sort of things where we'll get a big notification saying "Kaiju spotted, all units converge!"

So for THMPRs, I'm thinking it will be just the regular Tsi-hu and maybe creatures they control or native creatures of the planet that attack (similar to FF).

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I wonder if there will be mobile construction vehicles to remove buildings and reconstruct somewhere else i mean in C&C they had this mobile construction vehicle and those seem costly i think and it was quite slow!!

Also wonder if there will be mobile Medical/fixer vehicle station or would they be dropped from the skies i like seeing some kind of siren with a medical unit team in a vehicle you get to heal more troopers in this vehicle could imagine but it can also carry pilots away from danger like an apc but with medical things.

They can also fix the thumpr temporarily if it gets too damaged with the help of engineer class in the vehicle.

imagine these medical/fixer apc to be moving in and out not staying too long incase of being targeted.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
The current plan for the Thumping event is to have multiple waves of attack, similar to Firefall. Initial waves will include Tsi-hu (humanoid and beast form), and critter-like creatures called Swarmers, that attack in large numbers.

If players were to push the THMPR past 100% capacity, a Kaiju mini-boss spawns, which will attack the THMPR. This has been discussed partly in the art demo, and during the Chief Chat on 2nd July 2019 (refer my Year in review thread, here: https://forums.em8er.com/threads/em-8er-a-year-in-review-2019-edition.1656/ )

Thus Kaiju are not limited exclusively to invasion events. The bigger Kaiju are invasion event encounters.