possible trailer script for em-8er

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I wrote this because I was bored

(stars) Luck. It’s what we rely on as Gatesriders. (creating a gate) Every gate creation is a roll of the dice. (explorers arriving at a star system) Sometimes you end up in a rich star system, (explorers getting sucked into a black hole) sometimes you end up in a black hole. But luck is what makes it fun. Maybe that’s why, when we went to the forbidden star system, we decided to take our chances with the Enshigi. (planet blows up) We should have just left it alone. You’d think we’d have learned our lesson after that. (further gate creation) Nope, we kept trying our luck. We needed a new home, but all we got was nothing, nothing, and more nothing. (destination em8er) Then we finally found a suitable place for a new home. (landing on em8er) Luck finally on our side? Nope. (digging for resources, getting ripped to pieces) The one place to find sentient xenomorphs, and they’re hostile. But we didn’t give up then, and we’re not giving up now. Not when we’re so close. (varios gameplay scenes) Are you feeling lucky? (Em8er logo and release date)

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
I can kinda imagine the music behind that trailer suggestion... If i can word it that way. So i like it ^^

Some trailer suggestions i wrote out at random while talking with Torgue nearly a year ago. Before i got the visual book and the lore drops etc...
"I sometimes listen to this while looking at the picture like:"That's the Gatestrider." and his ship is getting attacked by the Tsi-Shu and Kaiju crawling all over the place and his trying to run to his omniframe blasting his way trough to this overlook with a window and his omniframe is on the other side of this medium sized cap and he says to himself:"Never get off the boat man.. Never get off the boat.." as he exhales while charging at the window breaking it slowly floating accross the gap towards his omniframe and as he gets inside. He sees his THMPR having a wrestling match with this big ass Kaiju as the ship is getting torn to pieces around them. He does this awesome shot in the dark and hits the Kaiju that is wrestling the THMPR giving them enough time starting this hell run off the ship's surface...
"

"Although i do feel like the video should end with the pilot and THMPR doing a bro-fist as their heading off trough this big open hangar door.
Symbolizing the companionship and open door of possibilities in the game.
Another "clip idea" that i keep having is this resource run gone to hell THMPR and bunch of Omniframes taking a run for it as Tsi-Shu and this CAT-4 is gaining on them and Omniframes are getting torn to shit and Kai-ju's being blown to shit. Like completly chaotic trailer...
Like the type of trailer that tells people that massive-war game isn't a spa holiday. "

"Also this one.. Each time he sings:"Start me up, open up my eyes. Turn me loose and you'll see why, i was born ready" i always imagine the Gundam wing eye glow thing. But the video could start with a fade-in from black to this scene with a busted omniframe dual wielding these big ass guns and when the song says:"Giants fell" they could show a THMPR and a Kai-ju falling... Then the generic combat trailer stuff.
"

Dec 15, 2016
One problem with your script is that the message means gambling. “Luck” and “chance” are strewn in the meaning. You might want to change the wordings because it somehow reflects what the game is not.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
When thinking of a trailer these are the points that make me want to go ooh woah and question it

- The music it will be great setting the mood of the trailer just like it will be for the game
- The idea of the plot the struggle they face and the threats that lurk
- A big question mark where you look at the end of the trailer something that could be revealed and something to wonder what could appear in the future hmm?

The trailer would go something like this

In my head i imagine a darker sounding music like this

The kaiju speak in their native tongue stalking you see one of the stalker breaking a mech apart the the mech that had left its pack :O
You next see the view of the world from above showing the beauty and harsh lands of the world to the sky city seen as if you have died like your soul has floated away out of your body and eventually transferred back into a new unit.

I hear this tune and feel part of the mech might seem daft but in my head like it gives me a sense of being linked to the machine a cyberpunk feel moving in the mech

Your back!!! taking a deep breath and looking around then you see a machine that approaches its your mech, the eyes light up slowly from the dark then opening up the cockpit you step in and there is a slight pause, and then

In my head i imagine the action to sound like this the tempo the epicness

Suddenly KABAAAM explosions lasers mechs battling big kaiju the music is euphoric the goosebumps and the hairs raise seeing yourself in the mech for a brief time. The Thmpr's haverst taking defensive stances while protecting you its arm gets chopped and you look desperate but are over whelmed by the numbers that keep coming shifters aggressively spinning their blades in formation.

A team of reapers from far rush in almost to your position leaving a trail of dust behind as they skim across the wastelands, the screen shows a critical warning sign shaking in a subtle way while it flashes in red with your heart rate going down will they make it in time to save you :O

When the gate opens it is like the gate to the universe has to be unique almost mesmerizing!

On another area of the planet a gate opens and something appears to have walked out you cannot tell what it is and at a small time frame you see a glimpse of another world through the gate!!!!!

Then the em8er writing appears with hightech effect and followed after abit of time
The message would go something like this

To those who pilot the mech you are the first of many,
Together we fight, and together we survive
We will be watching you, the fate of humanity is in your hands

Gatesrider Alpha

Em8er website link appears too or under the description of the trailer

Last edited:

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
One problem with your script is that the message means gambling. “Luck” and “chance” are strewn in the meaning. You might want to change the wordings because it somehow reflects what the game is not.
I actually did that on purpose. I feel like the best trailers revolve around a common theme, even if it has nothing to do with the gameplay, and luck was the best thing I could think of.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
I read it in a sad female voice, it's good, I'd change nope to 'no...' perhaps, but that was great. I had a good vivid trailer in my head ^.^

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I was thinking what if the trailer was viewed from the kaiju's eyes first

So the gates striders would appear and how they would lurk, a fatal mistake by the reapers disturbing the sacred land caused a bizarre event. You would zoom past the reaper and see the mech firing in slow motion.

Then another part would see your other kaiju's thrown across, and bigger mechs smash forcing a wall to break entering a base. Suddenly the sky is dark and you see yourself as a huge kaiju towering all the lit up mechs fly from all directions lit up blasting away, using melee all the awesome action as others heal and so on.

You see yourself in a chamber filled with biological and tech hybrid equipment, your arms and chest are connected to the device as you see yourself controlling the huge cat6 kaiju infront.

The mechs are transported to the sky city retreating while you swipe and attempt to take the mechs down, and a space craft appears from the clouds charging up a mega beam weapon and fires directly at you the screen goes blank for a moment

You then see the destruction left from the battle but the views goes to an abandoned gate it starts up humming away and then the trailer ends :O

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
I wrote this because I was bored
My first suggestion is to separate narration from scripted display (e.g. events portrayed) in a way that staggers them one after the other. You intuited to do this already, but a bulleted list would force this format and make it much easier to grasp.

Some of the content isn't what I understand as cannon the last time I checked, but I like the flow:

- background
- reasons
- drives
- threat

To me, a good trailer would have just that sort of arc, leaving it with the implicit demand for the viewer to enlist and help.

trying to run to his omniframe blasting his way trough
That's not the gameplay. I think your idea would work something like the reverse:

- Omniframe fighting, gunfire
- Omniframe surrounded, grappled, struggles
- Being torn apart, the scene looking futile
- Enemy kaiju appears, the scene is hopeless
- THMPR comes to save the day
- Allies alongside to help the omniframe, especially a melee-focused omniframe
- Omniframe rescued, beat to absolute hell but shakes it off to keep fighting

Another "clip idea" that i keep having is this resource run gone to hell THMPR and bunch of Omniframes taking a run for it as Tsi-Shu and this CAT-4 is gaining on them and Omniframes are getting torn to shit and Kai-ju's being blown to shit. Like completly chaotic trailer...
Dude, that is exactly the sort of risk-reward intense gameplay that will make Ember awesome. An actual honest trailer like that would be, frankly, ethical.

Maybe end with them peaking over a horizon to reveal their base and incoming reinforcements.

The kaiju speak in their native tongue stalking you see one of the stalker breaking a mech apart the the mech that had left its pack :O
I was thinking what if the trailer was viewed from the kaiju's eyes first
I disagree with revealing anything about them other than being monsterous enemies, as a way of keeping them completely steeped in mystery. Just learning they talk reveals too much in my mind, and even humanizes them too much.

I like the idea of players constantly asking What are those things?

Then the em8er writing appears with hightech effect and followed after abit of time
The message would go something like this
A hectic clipshow with this sort of title / narration idea makes for a really good gameplay teaser-trailer. I like the idea of "recruitment" at the end.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
The first clip idea was happening in space so it doesn't work in reverse unless you intend to blast your way back in to the ship to die and get torn to death by the kai-ju that were inside the ship you needed to kill before blasting trough to get to the omniframe, unless your one of the crew men floating around in the vaccuum of space somehow waking up from the dead. Granted i could have written the idea more clearly but i rather write things shortly than keep a long sermon on a flexible idea that i have no intention of setting in stone or planning to draw the usual quick sketch panels explaining whats happening as the music and the picture was suppose to do it for me.