Possible some suggestions about EM8ER movie(s)!

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
What if the EM8ER visual novels could be converted into a movie?
(Spoilers alert for those that didn’t read yet the visual novels.)
Or 2, maybe the first part with the WW2 and the rise of ENSHIGI and the destruction of the GATESTRIDER home world as a short movie (and at the same time a teaser for the full movie), and the visual novel about the EM8ER discovery as a full movie.

Some players maybe will think that this will be a “stage 5 or bus” situation again, because all the money and efforts should be on the game and not in other things.
But what if this did not cost anything to CRIXA LABS (the company of Mr. GRUMMZ and EM8ER the game)?

(I’m throwing some ideas to the air, that possible aren’t accurate since I’m not deep into that industry.)
A lot of book writers (especially those successful with a big reputation), make contracts with big movie Hollywood companies (Disney, WB…) to make big movies/series about their books without spending anything (the writers, since the movie companies do the rest with investors and their own money).
Since Mr. GRUMMZ also have that very successful and big reputation, and probably have some connections, he possible could get that done as an own product and at the same time as an advertising and marketing for the game. And if the beta of the game will take some time like the beta of FIREFALL took, they could release both at the same time.
And if the movies (and the game) will be successful, the future game expansions and visual novels could be sequels.

What do you think?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like the idea of a movie but i hope it doesn't distract too much of the game itself.
If it was done by another team division of the team or when it grows then that would be superb.

What movie will it be:

A) CGI movie or mini series those are good because it makes you come back again to see what is going to happen next.

B) Action/horror/funny B Movie with actual people to volunteer, awful special effects and topdog video editing perfect.... each of the community can video a clip of something in the open script and then hopefully it makes the cut to the best B movie of 2022 or beyond!

C) Cross-over Anime with collaboration from others who discover the world of Em8er

You know what i think they need to make Em8er lunch boxes, i remember when i was very proud of my Count Duckula lunchbox

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
I like the idea of a movie but i hope it doesn't distract too much of the game itself.
-The idea was another team/company doing the movie(s) while Mr. Grummz and Crixa team do the game.
-The movies should focus on visual novels already written by Mr. Grummz, and to work as well as advertising and marketing for the game.
-The merchandising should also be done by the movie company or other team/company besides Crixa team.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
-The idea was another team/company doing the movie(s) while Mr. Grummz and Crixa team do the game.
-The movies should focus on visual novels already written by Mr. Grummz, and to work as well as advertising and marketing for the game.
-The merchandising should also be done by the movie company or other team/company besides Crixa team.
In house team:

- If Crixa have their own in house division they could build a tight knit studio to cover different areas?
- Although that would depend on volunteering, even a hiring process and whom they recruit?
- This may take time but could it overall create a solid foundation for Crixa in the long term?
- This has an advantage to keep it all in Crixa labs with less issues of a 3rd party problem.

Having different departments could help distribute the work load, making it more manageable for each department to focus in their field. I am sure they will have to co-ordinate and collaborate to get things under way so that everyone has an idea of the direction.

3rd party team:

- If they hire someone outside / team to do that from past connections such as blur studio etc ?
- There is proven track record that they have worked before and the work done is of high quality.
- Then there is the question of cost?
- This may also take time, depending on how much projects they have accepted or currently working on?

Merchandise would make sense in the Em8er store its where you can fund/purchase things.
That would be the are of e.g. the sales department.

- Would this movie be accessed within the game or on the website?
- If such a movie is made will it be an interactive movie with parts that blend with the game as we unlock areas or uncover things etc?

This looks good even the matrix awakening car chase one too in ue5.

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
I was thinking more in a "sharing rights" idea:
-The movie company makes the movies, merchandise... -> movie product.
-Crixa focus on making the game. -> game product.