• 16-30 mins, time enough for crafting

• 31-60 minutes, time to gather resources and take new bases

• 61+ minutes, lazy

Results are only viewable after voting.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
IIRC the vision book says bases are invaded constantly, but do we really want that? Invasions are a big part of the game, yes, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it's only one aspect of the game, we should have some time for the other aspects. How much time do you guys think we need for that?

Feb 19, 2019
I'm assuming that what they meant is that different bases will be invaded constantly, so something will always need defending. At least I'm hoping that's what they mean. I think 31-60 minutes is a good time. In all actuality, that doesn't leave much time at all for an individual post to gather resources, build, and push forward so I would assume there would be at least one round of defending between upgrades and pushing forward.

Highwater

Mar 14, 2017
Shouldn't be to long to get comfortable, but enough time to breath, rest a little, collect stuff, repair and reequip or similar and not a constant face smash. Although something like a massive assault so and so often against huge parts of the frontline should be put in to make tactical diversion of units necessary.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
I doubt invasions every hour would be a thing, and this has nothing to do with being lazy. An invasion would, obviously, require clearing out. Add to that the fact that invasions are meant to be a significant affair, with kaijus and large numbers of Tsi-hu assaulting the base. Those would hardly be cleared easily.

If invasions are to invoke a sense of tension and trepidation, they should be significantly hard. This means time required to clear the invasion while feeling that there is a challenge in the process, and then taking time to recoup from said invasion.

Too many invasions in too short a time period would tire out the community and ruin the charm of said event overall. While the statement says 'bases are invaded constantly', I doubt they literally mean 'constantly'. The game would then become a base defence simulator and leave little time for socializing or engaging in other activities.

I would be perfectly fine with massive-scale invasions twice or thrice a day, the others being limited to smaller events, akin to the incursions or the base capture events, scattered through the day. Variety is an absolute necessity, or players get burned out far too quickly.

Feb 19, 2019
I agree with both of the above. I wouldn't mind scouting parties to be more often, smaller raids that test defenses less often, and massive assaults a couple times per day. Like Maven said, if things are being assaulted constantly, then there's no time to participate in any other content the game offers.

Nalessa

Commander
Jan 6, 2017
Belgium
I just figured it'll be like faufau.

New eden was constantly being invaded by chosen squads too, but while you're done fighting in SH, another squad could be heading for a watchtower somewhere up north, so ther's always attacks, but not at the same spot.

That was a fun way of doing things, gave you a breather to do random stuff in between at hubs instead of having to defend it 24/7.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
THERE'S A LOTTA MATH IN THERE.
AND THE POSSIBILITY WITH A DAY WITHOUT INVASION.

DEPENDS HOW BADASS WE CAN MAKE THE AI COMMANDER. THAT BRAIN THAT CONTROL THE AI.

OUR THREAT LEVEL
HOW EASY WAS THE LAST INVASION FOR US
HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE CURRENTLY ONLINE
HOW MUCH "RESOURCES" DO THE BLOODY RABBITS HAVE THEMSELVES

YEAH, BRING IN BIG GUNS. JUST IN CASE!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Too many invasions in too short a time period would tire out the community and ruin the charm of said event overall
massive-scale invasions twice or thrice a day, the others being limited to smaller events, akin to the incursions or the base capture events, scattered through the day. Variety is an absolute necessity, or players get burned out far too quickly.
It also gives us time to plan for the next invasion and for those who have missed it.
i am hoping it wont be the same big kaiju each time!

Let the AI Mastermind figure it out
The A.i would be interesting but could a GM make a guest appearance as a Kaiju and do unpredictable moves time to time controlling a big kaiju hmmm

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I'm siding with the A.I. evil genius approach here as well. To piggy back Torgue about the math and seeing how easily we repel an assault sounds spot on. I also believe more to the math on player traffic being a big deal. Not launching something major with only a few hundred players on but seeing when there are a couple thousand running and gunning. *IF* this bastard A.I. gets predictable, would give players a time to be excited and tense up for with a guessing game of a repeated attack time (hour or so difference) like three times a day on weekends. This accommodates all time zones around the globe.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I doubt invasions every hour would be a thing, and this has nothing to do with being lazy. An invasion would, obviously, require clearing out. Add to that the fact that invasions are meant to be a significant affair, with kaijus and large numbers of Tsi-hu assaulting the base. Those would hardly be cleared easily.

If invasions are to invoke a sense of tension and trepidation, they should be significantly hard. This means time required to clear the invasion while feeling that there is a challenge in the process, and then taking time to recoup from said invasion.

Too many invasions in too short a time period would tire out the community and ruin the charm of said event overall. While the statement says 'bases are invaded constantly', I doubt they literally mean 'constantly'. The game would then become a base defence simulator and leave little time for socializing or engaging in other activities.

I would be perfectly fine with massive-scale invasions twice or thrice a day, the others being limited to smaller events, akin to the incursions or the base capture events, scattered through the day. Variety is an absolute necessity, or players get burned out far too quickly.
that's a good point. I forgot to mention that I'm assuming the timer starts after the invasion is successfully fought off or failed, not at the start of the invasion.

Aug 5, 2017
UK
Heres a thought...This might be an interesting scenario: If an A1 Kaiju raid succeds, does the program infrastructure then re-use that particular Kaiju and make it a named boss for the next one...with a slightly higher advantage (stat gain from experience) and harder to eliminate ?? - * yes plz * ;)

Jul 5, 2017
USA
I agree with the infrequent invasions. Having a couple massive attacks a peak times would keep them fresh and exciting while also leaving enough time to explore, go thumping, and craft. I also desperately hope to see the small dynamic events we had in firefall as they were my favorite part of the game.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Heres a thought...This might be an interesting scenario: If an A1 Kaiju raid succeds, does the program infrastructure then re-use that particular Kaiju and make it a named boss for the next one...with a slightly higher advantage (stat gain from experience) and harder to eliminate ?? - * yes plz * ;)
perhaps it will be called 9
If we beat it 9 times in a row 9 turns into a 9 headed kaiju :O

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
My understanding was that the "Invasion" was a constant thing but that there would be a front. Em-8er isn't intended to emulate Firefall's Thumpdump invasions. Is the OP referring more to surgical strikes inside enemy territory? I would absolutely NOT want something like to be on a timer. It needs to be based on proximity to the front line and activity of the base itself.