• 16-30 mins, time enough for crafting

• 31-60 minutes, time to gather resources and take new bases

• 61+ minutes, lazy

Results are only viewable after voting.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
My understanding was that the "Invasion" was a constant thing but that there would be a front. Em-8er isn't intended to emulate Firefall's Thumpdump invasions. Is the OP referring more to surgical strikes inside enemy territory? I would absolutely NOT want something like to be on a timer. It needs to be based on proximity to the front line and activity of the base itself.
alright, for clarity's sake, I'll give an example:

let's assume that our version of Copa, that is the starting base that cannot be invaded, is on the north pole (arbitrarily). Then you have 5 player-controlled bases beyond that, let's say one of those is in a zone further south (duh). Now, the question I am posing is when the shifters attack that base, and we successfully fend off the invasion, how much time should pass before they try again, and if we fail after that amount of time they will try to take another base. The number of people online will probably affect both the difficulty of invasions and how many invasions there are at one time, but even if there are, say, 1000 people on, there should still be time between each attempt at taking our bases.

Make sense now?

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
alright, for clarity's sake, I'll give an example:

let's assume that our version of Copa, that is the starting base that cannot be invaded, is on the north pole (arbitrarily). Then you have 5 player-controlled bases beyond that, let's say one of those is in a zone further south (duh). Now, the question I am posing is when the shifters attack that base, and we successfully fend off the invasion, how much time should pass before they try again, and if we fail after that amount of time they will try to take another base. The number of people online will probably affect both the difficulty of invasions and how many invasions there are at one time, but even if there are, say, 1000 people on, there should still be time between each attempt at taking our bases.

Make sense now?
Perhaps I am simply misunderstanding the intended game mechanics as Grummz has explained them. But the issue I have is "successfully fend off". My issue being that it makes it sound like there is an end. The act of successfully fending off an invasion wouldn't stop the mob spawns, it would simply be that the front line has been pushed back far enough that the base is no longer on the "front line" as it were. But the base can still be attacked if players allow NPC's to get through the line and attack the base.

Now I would fully expect some sort of alert to go out anytime sufficient NPC's are spotted within a certain distance of a base. But that isn't really an "event" with an "ending" and wouldn't really be on a timer. it would really come down to the players and how well/hard they are pushing back on the Kaiju.

1556743950317.png

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
The act of successfully fending off an invasion wouldn't stop the mob spawns, it would simply be that the front line has been pushed back far enough that the base is no longer on the "front line" as it were. But the base can still be attacked if players allow NPC's to get through the line and attack the base.
My understanding of the invasion section of the vision book was that there would be a point where they would back off for a while and/or go for another base. What are you basing this assumption on?

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
yeah, here we are.

my question is how much time do we need between those waves.
Ok thanks! I missed that completely. I would have to go hunt it down but I distinctly remember multiple times that Grummz stated there would be a front line. I think he called it the warfront. Perhaps he intends to have a pulse on the warfront spawnpoints? That doesn't mean the spawns would completely stop through?

Perhaps it is simply that I have not seen sufficient clarification from Grummz on the details here. If it is simply an increase in spawn rate in a specific part of the warfront/front line, I feel that a randomized range between 30 minutes to 90 minutes (modified by player population density) should be reasonable.