Please create also a single-player way for the game to work better

Sep 16, 2016
Hi,

I was part of the FF game from the first invite round I received the invitation.
The game was good but I personally like to play much in solo, and that was possible in FF too, but that side along with multiplayer should be ensured that it's throroughly thought for the game so that it will -not- get boring at any point. Also it should not be too difficult, thus this most likely also will be a skill progressive game.

So what I would like to see at the ready world is

1) Tasks for solo playing along with an individual player story to follow
2) Better group finder. In FF it was just bad.
3) Enhanced UI. Less FF hassle.
4) More logic to the possible crafing system.

For the graphics I have a strong faith in this project.
Good luck.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
ISN'T A SINGLE LIFE ENOUGH, THAT ONE WANT TO BE SINGLE IN GAME TOO?

since you said story driven stuff, i think story stuff should be open world.

DON'T LIKE PLAYING WITH OTHER PLAYERS? JUST TURN OFF CHAT AND IMAGINE WE'RE JUST HIGHLY ADVANCED AI SOLDIERS SHOOTING AT THINGS AND DOING ILLOGICAL CRAP

But some part of your post makes sense in term of "co-op"

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
Hi,

I was part of the FF game from the first invite round I received the invitation.
The game was good but I personally like to play much in solo, and that was possible in FF too, but that side along with multiplayer should be ensured that it's throroughly thought for the game so that it will -not- get boring at any point. Also it should not be too difficult, thus this most likely also will be a skill progressive game.

So what I would like to see at the ready world is

For the graphics I have a strong faith in this project.
Good luck.
1: This should be a given; it's almost automatic for any designer anywhere, really.

2: This, I would debate and elaborate on. I'm not a fan of "auto-group finders" in games, because they often cut out a key part of playing such an online game: looking for new people to play with. It's part of the experience of an online game to go out, speak to people, and find others who are interested in the same things. Now, having TOOLS to HELP YOU find people is fine, but I'd really rather not have a thing that just teams you up and throws you into a mission somewhere with complete strangers based on some random or algorithmic pattern. It ends badly as least as often as it goes well.

3: By "enhanced" I would say "streamlined." It's easy to make a UI that tells you all the info you need at all times: it's more of an art to make one that does it without taking up your whole screen at all hours of the day. Useful UI isn't too difficult to conceive; unobtrusive UI is the real trick.

4: Yeah. A crafting system that makes sense, if we end up needing one at all, would be a nice thing to have.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I have to admit I am very confused by this post. It looks like they want a robust single player experience in a multiplayer game, but they also want a better group finder? What does graphics or UI have to do with single player vs. multiplayer aspect of the game? Is the UI supposed to dramatically change if you are suddenly no longer solo?

TankHunter678

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I have to admit I am very confused by this post. It looks like they want a robust single player experience in a multiplayer game, but they also want a better group finder? What does graphics or UI have to do with single player vs. multiplayer aspect of the game? Is the UI supposed to dramatically change if you are suddenly no longer solo?
I think what he is looking for with the group finder request is that when he feels like or needs others to do something that it would be quick, easy, and with a intuitive UI for it. Same for the party UI when he is in a party, wants to add people to the party, or leaves a party. It needs to be a quick, easy, and intuitive process within the UI.

He wants a good experience when he is alone, but when he needs others the system better be well designed for that.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
No offense intended but I think that is ass backwards. There needs to be a robust grouping system and gameplay, with some solo content second. Sure there should be something to do for those who don't have enough time and want to hang on their own, but solo content should account for *at most* 20% of the game content.

Jul 27, 2016
I'm kind of confused as to what is really being asked here. So I'll just point to this.
From the comments section:
... The way you describe that social mmo progression just makes me feel all the more useless. Which is to say... the pattern I've always had in MMOs:
#1. I start playing solo.
#2. I sometimes join up with randoms... or "pick up groups" as you call them.
#3. I add someone to my friendlist.
#4. I continue to do solo play and random play, but nobody from my friend list ever shows up online again.
#5. I try joining some guilds, and end up kicked out for stupid reasons... be it arguments with other guildmembers, not being on at the same time as most of them, or simply to make room for someone the guildmaster likes better.
#6. I continue solo / random gaming. My friend-list consists of people who I never see any more. Sometimes hundreds of people I've encountered once ever and then mysteriously never saw again. And the whole time I'm refining my solo gaming to a downright nauseous extreme of self-sufficiency.
#7. Finally... several years down the line.... I've done as much as I care to in the game.... I never got any recurring friends... I never managed to stay in a guild for even a week.... and USUALLY, I've been deprived of a huge portion of the game content because much of it NECESSITATES playing in groups (or, worse, really big groups)... and I never managed to do that.

... This is part of why I quit MMOs altogether. Because it was much the same as in the real world: I'm alone in a crowd. Permanently. If I can't achieve it solo, I cannot achieve it.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
I have to admit I am very confused by this post.
I think it's just a wish list, where the thread title simply reflects the No. 1 item on the wishlist. So let's assess it.
1. Tasks for solo play? Sounds good. Everyone should have something to do. Individual player story? This is not about being what Firefall devolved into. There appears to have been no mention of such a thing. Massive Planetary Wargame. That's what it is.

2. Better group tools would be awesome. Firefall ended up with add-ons for grouping. Shows how good the base grouping was. I'd even like to see dynamic grouping, where people get grouped based on location and current objective. Automated suggestions to group up, that kind of thing. One button to hit, no need to stop and type a message, let alone ask for interest. Just an automated prompt. Accept or deny. The game could even learn your preferences.

3. User choice is golden.

4. I'd consider logic to be the wrong term. Nothing really needs to be logical here. Personally, I like the idea of "choosing your level of complexity". Simple choices for those that want them, like buying a meal at a fast food joint. Complex choices for the hard-cases among us, like buying the ingredients and cooking yourself. And something in between, for everyone else.