Player made missions/jobs

Drakin5

Omni Ace
Dec 15, 2016
So I have been reading this post lately and got me thinking:
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/l-o-f-t-topic-suggestions.1002/#post-27883
What if players can create missions and jobs for others to do?

Take for example say you need assistance for your base/thumper/teammates. You go to a job board/posting/bulletin and request assistance for others with a monetary or item reward upon completion. Of course, that reward has to come from your inventory or bank.

Taken up to large scale say you need more players to defend against an invasion or need minerals and supplies for your base. Base commanders or officers can post missions in a base mission bulletin and list down the things or the type of omniframe role they need.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Do you mean that they can have tools to make their own missions and alter maps then put out to the community so that it can get voted on and be given the all clear from the dev's to be implemented into the game?

Take for example say you need assistance for your base/thumper/teammates. You go to a job board/posting/bulletin and request assistance for others with a monetary or item reward upon completion. Of course, that reward has to come from your inventory or bank.
Its a good idea, it makes me think folks would just help only for the rewards and gain, what if helping others boost a reliability score too say you are a medic and have healed 98% successful you would have a higher rating icon. Say doing missions or just helping out others is a good way to get rewarded but to also to improve your rating depending on the job.

What does rating do it shows you specialize in the chosen ability/skill rated and improve on efficiency specific could be healing, gunner, etc etc etc
when you see those with lower rating you benefit in helping them as well because if everyone has a good rating we would have a good chance to survive in very high missions and huge scale world events!

Taken up to large scale say you need more players to defend against an invasion or need minerals and supplies for your base. Base commanders or officers can post missions in a base mission bulletin and list down the things or the type of omniframe role they need.
I like this would help to prioritize where numbers are needed could this be shown in a small alert on the screen like [Defense at barricade zone 6] then you check your map screen and small icon of the frames needed e.g. medic and assault icons flash once there is enough the icons go green and stop flashing. Surplus of players would probably increase the chance of tougher enemies to come or otherwise to go else where with other alert notification occurs.

Drakin5

Omni Ace
Dec 15, 2016
Do you mean that they can have tools to make their own missions and alter maps then put out to the community so that it can get voted on and be given the all clear from the dev's to be implemented into the game?
Somewhat yes but to prevent abusing the feature, only squad leaders, base commanders and officers are allowed to use this. Also, have these player made missions a separate filter from NPC missions or a different marker on the global map so that they don’t get mixed.

Players who are not in a squad can join in to one by accepting a player made mission. Same too for raids, only much larger size.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
I like this idea if it is done right. Because it means I can try to start up my mercenary guild again in games. And it we might see the return of tradesmen guilds again in games too. Some people don't like to do combat in games to much for a number of reasons, but they do love the idea of running a business in games.

I might be showing my age a bit here, but I remember back in the day when MMOs would always have at least one or two player guilds where all the members do is trade for profit or craft things for other players for a small profit. Because in my younger days I was not good at crafting (I'm still not in many ways) I would make a mercenary guild that combat focused. Other players would hire us to help them fight things or to protect them while farming resources in dangerous areas. I would often make a deal with the tradesmen guilds that if to make gear for free for my guild, than my guild would hunt bosses for them and protect them in combat areas. And worked out great for both guilds and their members. Because those of us who was combat focused didn't really have to worry about gear being under powered or breaking then spending a lot of time getting new stuff, while the people who didn't like combat could just focus on making money in trades and crafting without having to fight to get resources. As you can tell this was way back in the days when things like guild alliances really did matter in games.

If players can also post ads on the job board it would be great too. Because than a player or guild post something like "Need help clearing out the Northern Caves? Message (A.I. helper here) and one of our qualified members will be with you shortly." Because there people who like to play as professionals.

Drakin5

Omni Ace
Dec 15, 2016
Nearly everything is crafted by players so those who are not into combat or prefer the thrill of evading the kaiju and tsi-hu while delivering supplies from the molecular printer to a player base can still take part.

Jul 26, 2016
So I have been reading this post lately and got me thinking:
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/l-o-f-t-topic-suggestions.1002/#post-27883

What do you think?
It's a good idea and something I haven't seen alot in game in other games. Most other multi-player games if you need the help of other people, you got to use a third party app or other social forums/sites to set this up. Having this in the game especially when the Em8er is focused on everything accessible is player created makes sense.

I feel this will foster the idea of groups becoming solely crafters, miners or fighters. Instead of everyone being forced to do everything themselves.

If Em8er had this in place then groups wouldn't have to be forced to choose between " Do I upgrade my mining stuff or my fighting stuff or do I equally spend it in both?"

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I GOT A NEW QUEST FOR YOU.

MAKE A BADASS FRAME.
IF YOU MAKE IT TO THE TOP RANK, YOU'LL GET 10 THAUTHAND CREDITS.
AND IF DON'T MAKE IT, YOU'LL STILL GET THE CREDIT FOR STILL MAKING A BADASS FRAME EITHER WAY.

YOU'RE NOT INTO CRAFTING?
I STILL GOT THIS QUEST TO

BLOW UP THE OCEAN!

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT, SUCKERS.
NOT EVEN THE VAULT HUNTERS HAVE SUCCEEDED. AND THEY ARE THAUTHAND TIMES MORE BADASS THAN YOU.