Physical Rewards!

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
Some backers have some 3D model rewards for 3D printers, and they are way less expensive than other kinds of physical merchandise because members will pay to print it and not Crixa.

So, why not having some more 3D model rewards for monthly patrons or even for free members?

Morihaus

Deepscanner
Apr 30, 2018
Maryland
While the subscriber system itself is for in-game cosmetics, I do kind of like the idea of having 3D prints for early subs. For example, come release, anyone whose ever subbed pre-Kickstarter could get a surprise 3D print model. Maybe a model for that free skin, Valkyrie, that they had a giveaway for last month.

I think something like a "Pioneer Reaper" forum badge/title would be more fitting for free members, though. Maybe with an in-game title to match.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Maybe a model for that free skin, Valkyrie, that they had a giveaway for last month.
CORRECTION: The "Valkyr" skin is a FREE pilot skin for anyone who signs up for an account on https://em8er.com.

It is for a limited time.
However, Grummz has not stated when the limited time ends yet.

One of the "giveaways" or Raffles (which are held during the regular Chief Chats) are for the "Catch Up Skin" packs that contain all the skins awarded up to that point to Em-8ER Monthly Patron Subscribers; just one of the AWESOME rewards for subscribing!! :cool:

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
As a devil's advocate, printer files at a cost don't make financial sense. The difficulty with printer files is they can't be restricted to people who've paid for them. Files that are downloadable are held to an "honor system" that people won't just post them on some cloud service.

Skins and other in-game items are restricted to user accounts. In-game benefits maintain their value unlike downloadables that lose all value when posted online.

Skins and user accounts are universally usable in-game whereas printer files are limited to people willing to pay for the file, pay to print, and pay to ship. (Whatever that costs???)

Conclusion, to me, offering printer files at a cost don't make sense when users can just upload them to a cloud service.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Even though it is a perk for certain M3 packages, I'd LOVE to have the files for the THMPR bust to go along with my Dead Kaiju/ Female Reaper statue.

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
And about the 3D files to print?
Do you think they are good and cheap (for the devs) rewards?
Should we suggest them to Mr. Grummz to make some for free and/or monthly patrons?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Ingame rewards are nice too like a bonus monthly free credits e.g. you can earn up to 4000 super duper em8er blob currency these can be earned ingame for free but in this case you get 1000 per week as a monthly subscriber.

What can you use super duper em8er blob currency for well you can use it for much things

To obtain new skins from Game/community for bases, vehicles, weapons, pets, kaiju's, meks etc etc
To able to craft newer items earlier
To obtain special effects and dyes
To Create unique team armor for your team

I'd like to have a hard copy of EM8er CD with a holographic kaiju on one side and a holographic reaper on the other in a nice case with our em8er little em8er book of the dev team and the artists and all that where involved in the game and signed by all because that could be very collectable.

I also like to see an em8er comic with the em8er novel hard copy.

I want grummz and the team wearing kaiju and reaper outfits reinacting a scene of the em8er novel so i can frame it along side my cat picture and have a poster of em8er the game poster with my firefall poster.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Why not having some kind of 3d card scultures, like nintendo labo things?
Everyone loves cardboard, i used to take my cereal box and put it on my head pretending to be a secret agent as it was my disguise.

It does look fun what Nintendo do with the labo i am quite clumsy and if i split something or it just goes all weird after sometime. Unless it was made of some hard wearing plastic but then i am not sure how much that would cost so cardboard seems to be cheaper.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Also what about if subscribers could also get:

- Crixa tabletop rpg board game for a discount

- Epic dice set with one's that could even light up!

- (Bonus) Top trumps Em8er edition card game have your own character card made with nice art & stats included so you can be part of the story!

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
The main objective was to find rewards that were cheap for dev and Crixa to make for us, that's way i suggested 3D files to print, cardboard sculptures, poster files... things that community will pay so they could save money for the game.