On a scale of 1 - 10 how hyped are you?

Kyan Johansson

Boss Boss
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
Do you feel the hype yet?

I'd like to hear from you guys how hyped you feel.

On a scale from 1 (not hyped) to 10 (totally hyped), where do you see yourself?

Note that a 1 does not mean "not interested in the game", we wouldn't be on this forum if we weren't interested. I'm talking specifically about hype levels.

Personally, I see myself at level 3. Let me tell you why that is a good thing.

I remember back when World of WarCraft was coming up. Naturally, there was a bit of a hype around it. But I didn't feel hyped. A bit maybe, a solid 3. Sure, I was interested; I had previously dabbled in EverQuest a bit, and so a MMO with a more familiar franchise and setting was of more interest to me. It also helped that basically anyone I played with online wanted to jump on the WoW bandwagon.

The moment I finally got hyped was when my online guild managed to get a few keys for the Closed Beta. It follows that the incubation time from "getting hyped" to "getting hooked" was rather short ;)
I did feel hyped for other stuff before, and there's the obvious danger of not living up to the hype. Admittedly, I also got burned a few times.

However, here we have another project by Grummz, and my gut feeling places my hype levels at 3 again. Personally, I think that is a good sign.

Also, the project benefits from its grassroots development approach. We are witnessing the development process from its humble beginnings. To me, it's a very grounding experience, and it makes me wish to see this project succeed all the way.

So, how hyped are you?

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
hype
noun
  1. extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.
verb
  1. promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.
Um on a scale of 1-10 I am not extravagantly promoting Em-8er at all so 0...it's not even going to be in alpha for a number of years most likely. Seems a bit early to be wildly promoting it.

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
My Hyping chart for upcoming games which i have taken an interest in:

Ever Ocean: 2
Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind: 2 (6 for the collectors edition...will never open it though xD)
Elex: 4 (8 for collectors edition...see above xD)
Em8er: 3-4 (Still so much time for waiting...)

Its strange that all those games start with the letter 'E'

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
My Hyping chart for upcoming games which i have taken an interest in:

Ever Ocean: 2
Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind: 2 (6 for the collectors edition...will never open it though xD)
Elex: 4 (8 for collectors edition...see above xD)
Em8er: 3-4 (Still so much time for waiting...)

Its strange that all those games start with the letter 'E'
I COULD NEVER GET TO MAKE MYSELF TO GET ELDER SCROLL ONLINE. I ALWAYS FIND EXCUSES NOT TO WASTE MONEY ON THAT GAME.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Getting overhyped is usually what kills game at birth, a good exemple is Space hulk : Deathwing, a good game with it's own problems, when it came out it was pretty bad which drove everyone away, game is barely alive anymore sadly.
Considering there's still around 2 years of development left for EM-8ER to be in any sort of playable state , I hope those very hyped will have their hype die down so that no disappointment may happen, thinking a video game is going to be perfect won't help, since it's impossible to have the perfect game.
But a little hype near the end of development wouldn't hurt, as long as it's not too much.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016

I'm usually messing around somewhere else. I will say this though, when ember comes out: It'll the the first videogame I've played in however many years it'll take to release. Since I don't and haven't played any videogames for a while. It's been a few years:

- - - - - -- -

Jag

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Mar 18, 2017
Very hyped but more for the development than simply raising my expectations to a standard that could never be met. Its always a good idea not to over hype and enjoy the ride.

Certainly hyped enough to spend plenty though

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I am usually hyped when riding a bike down a hill = 8
When its my birthday its a 9/10
On this occassion i give em8er currently = 6
each time it progresses the hype meter indicator increases, my concern is that the indicator will surpass 10 in the future and
this would cause a shockwave

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I don't like the word hype for the connotation it gives for failure due to the game not living up to its hype. But psyched works perfectly for me. The things to consider are the size of the team, transparency, delivered milestones with extras beyond planning and the dedicated community. I have noticed that with the growth of interests and community there have been more doubters and nay sayers voicing their opinions. This is actually a good thing because progressed promised has been fulfilled. Believers will continue to be the marketing and advertisement for Em-8ER and the doubters can just sit back and wait to see how it all comes together.