Omniframes and Thumpers based on myths

Aug 14, 2016
This idea came out of boardroom and me going over the top with some of my ideas. This all based around the ideas of "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." and "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.". So I was thinking about different types of technology and how if you use them in the right way you could make mecha with abilities that match that of beings and characters in myths. For example you can use things like Tesla coils, lightning rods, magnets to make a mecha that can use and control lightning. With the right set up and theme you can make it mimic one of the many types of lightning/thunder gods.

So here is the idea for this thread that. Name a mythological being you would like to see in the game and what kind of technology can be used to mimic the abilities of that being.

The Monkey King. A.k.a Hanuman, a.k.a Sun Wukong, a.k.a Son Goku.
  • This omniframe is mostly a powerful close range melee fighter with a few options for mid to long ranged attacks. It focus is on power and agility to over power enemies while overwhelming them fast hard to follow movements. It can fight bare handed but it also has a heavy staff made out of shape changing metal. By using making different types of electromagnetic currents within the stuff the omniframe can change the size and shape of the staff but not its mass. This makes the staff an really effective weapon as the user can always move the mass around to do the most damage possible with each hit, focusing most of the mass on point of impact.
  • This frame is also able of make use of illusions of itself to confuse enemies. Because just because they are holograms doesn't mean they can't hurt you. And the user can hide drones within the holograms make the attacks from them just as powerful as attacks from the omniframe itself.
  • What this frame lacks in defense it makes up for by having an highly advanced self repair system. This allows the omniframe to repair itself almost as fast as it takes damage, even while in combat. Though this does drain the energy of the omniframe faster while it is active. Oddly enough this technology started out as an rehabilitation treatment using biofeedback systems to improve the strength and endurance of injured people while their body heals. Later some pilots used the system along with a rapid cell growth drug to repair their own bodies as it is being damaged. Together this makes the both the pilot and the omniframe all but indestructible until the pilot's stamina and omniframe's energy runs out. So using the system for to long will tiger the emergency life support system to turn force shutdown all other systems not needed to keep the pilot alive. This would also mean the pilot is unable to fight back until enough of their stamina returns and the emergency life support system turns itself off.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I had a dream my omniframe was part dropship part omniframe not as good as the dropship though and was helping the medical omniframes!

Its a heavy support using shields and heavy Hammer and when you see those needing help the omniorc would open up and you can safetly take 3 pilots wacking things as you make your escape.

It is not the fastest but with an alternative to dropship and vehicles you have the omniorc

Aug 14, 2016
I had an idea of the frame based off the great hunter myths. This is going to be close to mid-range frame that uses things like bow and arrows, knives / short swords, traps, and active camouflage. It's playing style is geared more towards doing a lot of damage to a signal target. But of you line up your attacks the right way or set traps you can take out many enemies at once.

This frame is more for people who like to do things tactically rather than run in guns blazing.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I had an idea of the frame based off the great hunter myths. This is going to be close to mid-range frame that uses things like bow and arrows, knives / short swords, traps, and active camouflage. It's playing style is geared more towards doing a lot of damage to a signal target. But of you line up your attacks the right way or set traps you can take out many enemies at once.

This frame is more for people who like to do things tactically rather than run in guns blazing.
I also think it needs a hood like the green arrow/robin hood and it will have a signature arrow and action pose. Then it can use the bow as a bowarang and give them a wack and use as a bow to make them slow with slow arrow ah

Aug 14, 2016
I also think it needs a hood like the green arrow/robin hood and it will have a signature arrow and action pose. Then it can use the bow as a bowarang and give them a wack and use as a bow to make them slow with slow arrow ah
That could work too, although at the time I was thinking more in terms of old African myths and Native American myths, which are both much older then stories like Robin Hood and hunters are also much more skilled and powerful (as in able to hold their own against monsters, spirits, and god-like beings in a fight).