Omniframe swappable parts

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
For those that may have not seen it yet, especially those that are not on the discord server, Grummz posted a small clip a few days ago, which shows all the omniframe parts that can be swapped out for corresponding parts from other skins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/em8er/comments/flubuk
The 'parts' in black is the core. The 'parts' in red are pieces that can be swapped individually, viz.:

Forearms
Head
Shoulders
Shoulder weapons
Thigh plates
Lower leg
Wings
Jetpacks

Apologies about the reddit link, can't upload media files directly to the forums. You can simply click the inset to play the video.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The core will be the same for all meks or will the light mek have smaller core and heavy bigger core?

Can the core have colour option or it is just black?

That is a good number of areas to customize thanks for not forgetting us forum users :D

Btw the mek looks like a fire demon mek it is very hot hot!

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
The core will be the same for all meks or will the light mek have smaller core and heavy bigger core?
This is just the medium mek. The light mek has a different structure:

Light Omniframe.jpg

While we don't know what it looks like without the pilot inside it, it should have (and indeed, seems to have) significant differences owing to the sleeker build. Also, the heavy frame will be bulkier and larger, and hence it should have apparent differences from the medium mek.

As for color options for the 'core', the black was just to identify the non-swappable parts from the swappable parts. Will have to wait and see what system the team comes up with.

Aug 14, 2016
So, I'm step closer to making myself an Omniframe that is like a humanoid version of Liger Zero. Now I just need to make my orbital base/garage act like a quick armor change station.
An example of what I mean. The core is always the same but the armor adds different abilities on top if the baseline ones.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
So, I'm step closer to making myself an Omniframe that is like a humanoid version of Liger Zero. Now I just need to make my orbital base/garage act like a quick armor change station.
An example of what I mean. The core is always the same but the armor adds different abilities on top if the baseline ones.
The video certainly helped to understand what you mean, and i am excited by this its like being a kid watching your fave show and reinacting all the sounds sat in a cardboard box as your ultimate mek.

Aug 14, 2016
If the davs can make a system of armor and parts that is like a cross between Armored Core and Zoids I'll be happy. Because it means I can just mix and match armor parts to get the best effect that I want to fit how I like to play. And if you also add in the idea from FireFall of different companies and corporations specializing in making different style and types of gear, we can have a really gear system that give players freedom of choice.

For example. One company is known for making really thin but strong, light mass armor that is all about speed and freedom of movement. Before the move to Em-8er they mainly sold things for designed for racing, so they are also strong enough to keep the pilot safe in case of things like high speed crashes and the like. There can be a company called something like Orbital Dynamics that specializes in making really powerful rockets and thrusters designed for going into and out of gravity wells as well as for heavy mass movement such as asteroid farming where they have to push massive objects into things like lagrange points. A company of space miners and construction engineers can specialize in making large have powerful heavy industrial machines, they may not look pretty but they get the job done.

This why, if the davs want to add in new types of armor, frames, and the like they can just say that company(s) are making new models. There can also be things like knock-off cheaper models of stuff made by different smaller companies or start ups. And there can be joint projects between two or more companies. Like what would happen if the company that specializes in making small light mass things designed for racing teamed up with the company that is specializes in making industrial machines?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
If the davs can make a system of armor and parts that is like a cross between Armored Core and Zoids I'll be happy. Because it means I can just mix and match armor parts to get the best effect that I want to fit how I like to play. And if you also add in the idea from FireFall of different companies and corporations specializing in making different style and types of gear, we can have a really gear system that give players freedom of choice.

For example. One company is known for making really thin but strong, light mass armor that is all about speed and freedom of movement. Before the move to Em-8er they mainly sold things for designed for racing, so they are also strong enough to keep the pilot safe in case of things like high speed crashes and the like. There can be a company called something like Orbital Dynamics that specializes in making really powerful rockets and thrusters designed for going into and out of gravity wells as well as for heavy mass movement such as asteroid farming where they have to push massive objects into things like lagrange points. A company of space miners and construction engineers can specialize in making large have powerful heavy industrial machines, they may not look pretty but they get the job done.

This why, if the davs want to add in new types of armor, frames, and the like they can just say that company(s) are making new models. There can also be things like knock-off cheaper models of stuff made by different smaller companies or start ups. And there can be joint projects between two or more companies. Like what would happen if the company that specializes in making small light mass things designed for racing teamed up with the company that is specializes in making industrial machines?
Yess

There is so many possibilities with the organization or a small underground agencies of engineers etc.
Lets say you could start of with the scraps and as we start of a small fry we can explore the regions where bigger organizations wouldn't think of heading.

E.g. Like in some cyberpunk films there are hidden places with illegal hacking and modifications
so perhaps there is something similar with meks and vehicles.

Then as you get better stuff you can go between the route of actual organization such as Mirage Corp they could specialize in optics, tracking systems and various scopes then you could go to the underground and find things that could compliment it but there can be a risk of incompatibility.

So you could learn how to develop your skill to link/sync different technologies or manipulate an area of it by researching to then craft the actual tool or segment and to talk to npc's etc.

Btw i like crafting so hope that could lead to various areas of crafting because can imagine there will be alot of different things such as buildings, vehicles, weapons, armor, pets to craft and crafting just feels good to contribute and make those things go to good use than having a pile of stuff just in the inventory!

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
As a bald man... I want my Omniframe to have swap-able hair-pieces...I demand flowing locks of thick luxurious hair streaming from my Meks metal dome! View attachment 3606
With a guitar case that puts Despardo to shame? Jammin' out power ballads?!

Or where you meaning a different locks of flowing hair kind of moment?

Aug 14, 2016
On the idea of giving you mecha hair why not make the hair also act as a weapon or sensor? For example you can use something like a memory metal for the hair and have inside the strands heating and cooling elements. This this way the metal can move around and flow freely with a lower risk of metal fatigue.

This is what memory is.