Omniframe Hi-Poly Done. Tsi-Hu Humanoid UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Looking at the two head, I'm not sure I'm in love with the more generic humanoid face. I'm not worried about expressiveness because it all comes down to eye shape and movement....and you'll never get that close in game to tell anyhow.

Legs...I keep bouncing back and forth. I'm going to sit on this for 24 hours then decide.
Grummz,

For me the more "generic" humanoid face makes the Tsi-Hu look like some "generic" game character in a suit - in a bad way!

I personally much prefer that the Tsi-Hu are full on bipedal aliens and NOT human.

By the fact that they have two arms, two legs, etc. etc. they look plenty human already.

I do not want to feel like I am fighting just another human in a suit - I want to feel I am fighting a smart alien race.

Way back in 'Alien' the movie those were smart and not human and were great. My vote it to keep them smart, agile, with good fighting tactics and strategy and keep them looking like the true shape shifting aliens that they are in the lore.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
Somehow this thing reminds me more of grumpy groot from avengers 2 bonus scene than anything I'd want to shoot.
Sure, I'm going to shoot it anyway, but I'll probably just try to avoid it where possible.

Cadbane

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Looking at the two head, I'm not sure I'm in love with the more generic humanoid face. I'm not worried about expressiveness because it all comes down to eye shape and movement....and you'll never get that close in game to tell anyhow.

Legs...I keep bouncing back and forth. I'm going to sit on this for 24 hours then decide.

I personally do not want my alien looking too humanoid. I like the first sketch of the head. It was close enough to humanoid, yet distinctly different when you get closer. Beefy legs look great. Feet look like they are in an inverted pigeon toe stance (intentional?). The fingers (and this is my opinion) are way to beefy. I can not imagine them doing anything with precision. I would like to see beefy palms with more slender fingers, tendril like almost. One more thought, It would be cool for the chain to be more fleshy, slimy gross, intestine looking. Just my 2 cents.

Harven

Commander
Jul 28, 2016

I like it before too. V2 specially. Really like the Insect thing going on in there.

Astro

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
I prefer the v1 blacked out face. More mysterious, less generic.

I'd like to see the color tones used for the original Tsi-hu on the updated version too, I think that would bring back a lot of the mysticism and "intelligence" from the original concept.

Jun 14, 2017
Oh wow, the new Humanoid form looks really nice, I do like the slightly more human face personally, although perhaps if the eyes were somewhere between the original and the current it would retain the quality it has now without looking too much like a human in a suit?

Picho

Terraformer
Jan 30, 2017
Tampa, FL
Was hoping the feet of the Omni frames would follow more of a werewolf multi joint structure than a short leg with big boots. Here is a picture of what I mean from the internet:
Untitled.png

Apr 22, 2017
Periphery, Canopus IV.
eh, honestly id go for a more... straitjacket/mental ward look for the humanoid form, power armor is great and all but they were the losing faction in a war, they should have a more... restrained and chained-up look to them so you can tell they were prisoners at one point.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
eh, honestly id go for a more... straitjacket/mental ward look for the humanoid form, power armor is great and all but they were the losing faction in a war, they should have a more... restrained and chained-up look to them so you can tell they were prisoners at one point.
THEY WEREN'T A LOSING FACTION. THEY WERE HAVING A CIVIL WAR AGAINST THEIR OWN KIND. THEIR TECHNOLOGIE WAS ADVANCED ENOUGH TO F*CK UP THEIR RACE. TECHNOLOGIE THAT GOT THEMSELVES (AND THE PLANET) STUCK IN A TIME LOOP.

MIGHT BE GOOD SH*T FOR @Grummz
TIME WARPING LOOPING TECH THAT EXPLAINS OUR "RESPAWN".

Apr 22, 2017
Periphery, Canopus IV.
THEY WEREN'T A LOSING FACTION. THEY WERE HAVING A CIVIL WAR AGAINST THEIR OWN KIND. THEIR TECHNOLOGIE WAS ADVANCED ENOUGH TO F*CK UP THEIR RACE. TECHNOLOGIE THAT GOT THEMSELVES (AND THE PLANET) STUCK IN A TIME LOOP.

MIGHT BE GOOD SH*T FOR @Grummz
TIME WARPING LOOPING TECH THAT EXPLAINS OUR "RESPAWN".
civil war is still a war, and their side lost. and i thought that the Tsi-Hu that lost were imprisoned on Ember (via time loop/paradox/phased out of realspace) while the other side buggered off? or am i thinking of something else?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
civil war is still a war, and their side lost. and i thought that the Tsi-Hu that lost were imprisoned on Ember (via time loop/paradox/phased out of realspace) while the other side buggered off? or am i thinking of something else?
I WOULD DIRECT YOU TO THE LORE SECTION. BUT THE THING IS.
WE DON'T EVEN F*CKING KNOW.
THAT SH*T IS TO BE DISCOVERED IN THE GAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.