OmniFrame Heavy Shield Ability Ideas

Aug 14, 2016
That last part reminded me of the anime Eureka Seven where people and mechs would fly around by surfing air currents on boards.

Hmm... could some of us use that as an option other than gliding with wings on our backs?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
View attachment 3721
I did a gif demonstrating a couple of shield ability ideas, the last one could be my take on shield charging but instead of charging with the shield you use the shield as a propulsion system to bash with your omniframe
This makes being a tank so much fun & thanks for the gif :cool:

I like that idea of the shield slammed down giving it some super kinetic power and then using it as a board to charge forward.

Would shield booerang be good as a way to knock back opponents and even a way to build energy?

Shield dive i like a lot could dive into a nest and make an entrance!

The Shield Surf ability is already planned for the game. This will be available to Heavy Meks. Smaller Meks can also hitch a ride on the shield while surfing, forming an artillery platform.
If this is in the demo people are going to get hyped i know it :D

so we can have more than 1 way of gliding then would there be an option without the mek too?

- wing glide standard mek glide
- Shield Surfing (heavy mek)
- pilot wingman suit without mek ?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
An idea for shield

After the shield dive, you could do a Shield bounce if your shield has enough energy you can bounce off a few enemies to give you some distance or take out a few more just like in super mario where after jumping on an opponent would let you bounce and could go for the next.

shield bouncing.jpg

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Well I was thinking the boomerang would bounce from target to target up to a certain limit then come back to you, maybe it could be used to build energy ya

View attachment 3727
waow like a captain America shield move and could throwing a hammer just before you catch the shield back to make it go for a straight single attack like this it is kind of like shield ping pong if it was looped :D

I hear SHIELD, and immediately think- WHERES MY WAR HAMMER
(@1.49 -1.51)

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
Remember in real life gun-shields was a thing for a time just like gun-blades was. There are ancient shields with guns built into them just like there was swords with guns built into them. So having a shield with a gun built into is nothing new or odd to people know history.

May 9, 2020
Another idea could be a shield you plant in-front of you that you can place your weapon on to improve accuracy/reduce recoil while providing coverage from one direction: great for siege/sniping , but weak to being flanked because of no coverage & time needed to set up/take down