Omniframe Build Creative Corner and Kaiju Mechanic Brainstorming

Aug 18, 2016
A light frame with minimal shielding a hella lota power and a portable railgun with some sort of (vibro?) scifiblades
Will kaiju take extra damage for being hit in say a critical weak point?
Say an eye or the head?
Would kaiju have different weak points for different weapons?
Like would a weak point be a specific part of the face for a sniper rifle and say just the head for a plasma cannon maybe legs or the underbelly for frames using smg's and say the back for HMGs?
I am going to be redirected to the forums arent i?

Point being i wanna be kaiju slicing and sniping
With all the colors of the wind.......... xD

Multi step moving weakpoints depending on the fights progress?!
Shield would have to go then weakpoints further open up depending on damage type (thinking physical or energy) fleshy weakpoints for physical dmg and tech points being weak to energy weapons?!

Maybe shields would be weaker at the generator point, I have heard rumors that the US Airforce has gotten close to having a working laser shield for aircraft theoretically it would be weak from the point the laser is emitted from so maybe shields could work like that in em8er they are weaker at the shield origin and be more vulnerable at the source?

That is in addition to the earlier ideas of the physical and energy weapon damage specific weak points
it stand to reason that physical weapons would be either ineffective or less effective than energy weapons against energy shielding at full strength. Also I would think as the shields are weakened physical attacks would be more and more effective against the shield generator.

I actually wouldn't think so based on what we are developing we are currently developing energy shielding using spinning lasers to burn projectiles before they can damage an aircraft. It stand to reason that any further developed shield technology would also burn away physical attacks before they would come in contact with anything past the shield. So it stands to reason that the energy shield would stop less of a physical attack as it ran out of energy making it easier and easier to damage the generators along with the rest of the target.(edited)

Its a lot of physics, manipulated correctly lasers can produce a (magnetic field or an electric charge I haven't looked at that research for a while but its one of the two) and with that laser spinning and using magnets you can magnetize the bullets incoming and your aircraft or other thing and repel the projectile from the "shield" its literally an EM [electromagnetic shield] the laser would also work to burn the target reducing its mass making it easier to move it away. Its complicated and a lot of math that I am too tired to think about right now, but physical attacks would be less effective against a full shield while energy based attacks can almost penetrate straight through. Energy attacks would have nothing to burn or repel magnetically.
The US is investing in this because the shield would not only be invisible but could also be used as an offensive weapon to attack targets WITHOUT having to carry ammunition as if your laser is strong enough to create a magnetic field strong enough well its going to be hot enough to burn most targets. Lasers usually are invisible unless in contact with smoke its a stealth weapon and a shield all in one.
Imagine how fast fighter planes could go if they didn't have to carry ANY ammo
This is 5-10 years away too.
Anyways I digress.
Real science, more realistic tactics, more fun game.
But that's my opinion
Having interesting game mechanics while having this excellent combat system will take em8er to the next level.

Aug 18, 2016
I am aware that there is a thread dedicated to omniframe builds, omniframe builds wasn't the intention of this post I intended to spark scientific discussion of how weapon damages could play into the game as a game mechanic and wanted to get people talklng about potential game mechanics after all I am tired of games that are just too easy.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I am aware that there is a thread dedicated to omniframe builds, omniframe builds wasn't the intention of this post I intended to spark scientific discussion of how weapon damages could play into the game as a game mechanic and wanted to get people talklng about potential game mechanics after all I am tired of games that are just too easy.
I got to admit sometimes i like easy games life is hard :p