Omniframe AI voice pack (Laura Post) for M3 Exclusive Backers (READ POST EDIT PLEASE)

Would you like a pack option for your Omniframe AI voice to be Laura Posts' "AERO" from FireFall?

• Total voters

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
EDIT - SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION,THIS POLL IS IN REFERENCE TO DESIRING LAURA POST TO DO HER AERO VOICE ACCENT FROM FIREFALL (INSTEAD OF A DIFFERENT VOICE) FOR THE OMNIFRAME AI IN THE EXCLUSIVE M3 BACKER VOICE PACK. NOT TO OFFER ANOTHER PACK FOR NON-M3 BACKERS.

The team has Laura Post (Areo, from FireFall) doing some voice work for Em8ER, and voicing our Omniframe AI is part of it. I know like many FireFall vets here, we have a love of FireFall nostalgia and Ms Posts' version of "Aero" is one of the small, but powerful things that made that game memorable.
I was hoping that the Laura Post voice pack for M3 backers could be Ms Post doing her "Aero" accent. fazxz3887nc21.jpg

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Can we have oil spill voice pack too?

Also there was an Artifical intelligence synthetic voice all i remember it was underground mission and the A.I was guiding you think it was corrupted... Wonder if laura did that voice too?

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra

Also there was an Artifical intelligence synthetic voice all i remember it was underground mission and the A.I was guiding you think it was corrupted... Wonder if laura did that voice too?
I know from Laura Posts' bio that she has many different voices/accents that she uses. I'm almost positive that she was the only female voice actor hired in closed/open beta, but not sure when FF went live for everyone. Could be her doing that other voice.
Wasn't a big fan of Oil Spill but definitely worth asking for a voice pack of him.

Aug 14, 2016

I remember those missions too. It was the ones where the Chosen would try to take over an human controlled area and they would sometimes hack the A.I. that was controlling the doors and turrets within the building. Because of that sometimes the NPC turrets would start attacking you rather than the enemies. And the A.I. will start saying some odd and sometimes creepy things as it got corrupted by the Chosen hacking/virus. I don't think that story line was ever completed before they abandoned it. But I liked the idea of there being cyber warfare in the game with a back and forth between who can control things like doors and turrets within an area while they are fighting over it the building.

Maybe, with can also have cyber warfare in Em-8er? After all, both the Humans and the race controlling the kaiju have some high end technology that the other race can used against them if they was to find a way to take it over. Being as like to play as stealth units in games, I would love the ability to get into an enemy base and hack their systems to turn their on defences against them. Trapping them in behind doors, turning on their own turrets and traps against them. That is would be fun for me.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I remember those missions too. It was the ones where the Chosen would try to take over an human controlled area and they would sometimes hack the A.I. that was controlling the doors and turrets within the building. Because of that sometimes the NPC turrets would start attacking you rather than the enemies. And the A.I. will start saying some odd and sometimes creepy things as it got corrupted by the Chosen hacking/virus. I don't think that story line was ever completed before they abandoned it. But I liked the idea of there being cyber warfare in the game with a back and forth between who can control things like doors and turrets within an area while they are fighting over it the building.

Maybe, with can also have cyber warfare in Em-8er? After all, both the Humans and the race controlling the kaiju have some high end technology that the other race can used against them if they was to find a way to take it over. Being as like to play as stealth units in games, I would love the ability to get into an enemy base and hack their systems to turn their on defences against them. Trapping them in behind doors, turning on their own turrets and traps against them. That is would be fun for me.
This would be amazing btw that synthetic voice is amazing i hope we can have that voice too was looking everywhere for this voice.

Cyber warefare would really make things interesting just like in Deus Ex and an alternative to brute force too.

Sometimes i wonder if our brains are on the same wave length perhaps we are in Reaper wave!

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
This would be amazing btw that synthetic voice is amazing i hope we can have that voice too was looking everywhere for this voice.

Cyber warefare would really make things interesting just like in Deus Ex and an alternative to brute force too.

Sometimes i wonder if our brains are on the same wave length perhaps we are in Reaper wave!
Im going to have to look at Old FF vids on YouTube for this "synthetic voice". Im curious to hear what it sounds like now.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Im going to have to look at Old FF vids on YouTube for this "synthetic voice". Im curious to hear what it sounds like now.
Hope you can find that voice was one of the voices including aero's i'd like to see in Em8er but there were many interesting voices in firefall.

voice attack anyone ?, idk I just think having a voice pack for "aero" would be great.
After watching this voice attack could be nice to chain commands

I like using the usual key binding for voice command would that include symbols above the player e.g if your command was to say help could be a hand symbol above the player or on the map?

El Terremoto voice pack?

Aug 14, 2016
After watching this voice attack could be nice to chain commands

I like using the usual key binding for voice command would that include symbols above the player e.g if your command was to say help could be a hand symbol above the player or on the map?
The real question is with a system like that can I do a Death Blossom in the game? lol

For the people who don't know what a Death Blossom attack is.

Aug 14, 2016
I am not sure but this death blossom looks good then i saw this and thought shields
Hmm... we can use the super magnet idea we talked about in a different thread to make orbital physical shields around bases and omniframes. Changing how much power you put into the magnetic field can change things like the size and mass of the metal you can make float around you, but also the number of shields you can control at once.

Going by how much control you have over the magnetic field you can also use the shields as weapons too. Like in melee you can use one shield to block and use the other shield hit the enemy on the side on the head.

AhmNee

Omni Ace
Jul 23, 2017
I wish I could remember what it was. There was something that Aero said with a little too much frequency, it was kinda moralizing and I found that as much as I loved her voicework, I'd say "Shut the fuck up, Aero." To that one in particular.